Shooting at 5/3 Bank in Cincin

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Re: Shooting at 5/3 Bank in Cincin

Post by AlanM »

catfish86 wrote:Shotguns are still quite effective in close quarters fights...
Ya think? When was that ever in question?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Alan, the AR rifle/carbine platform has all but replaced the shotgun in some LE circles.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

My understanding is that the officer using the shotgun fired twice. First round breached the window decently. Next one brought down the bad guy very quickly.

Even with an improved cylinder barrel, a buckshot pattern at 25-30 feet is pretty tight. Minute-of-noggin, or so.

I don't know for sure that it was buckshot rather than a slug, but the coroner here has shown herself to be pretty on-point in press conferences.

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:My understanding is that the officer using the shotgun fired twice. First round breached the window decently. Next one brought down the bad guy very quickly.

Even with an improved cylinder barrel, a buckshot pattern at 25-30 feet is pretty tight. Minute-of-noggin, or so.

I don't know for sure that it was buckshot rather than a slug, but the coroner here has shown herself to be pretty on-point in press conferences.
Having seen examples of wounds of both a single 12G 00 buckshot versus a single 12G slug it probably wouldn't take a coroner to (unofficially) tell the difference, particularly to the head, as the coroner mentioned.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

A double ought buckshot pellet is .330" in diameter. Over 30 caliber. Ouch! :shock:
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

So a couple days ago, 5/3 put up a whiteboard outside on Fountain Square, inviting all to share their thoughts, remembrances, etc. Two weeks since the incident, is it too soon to tape a couple of "No Guns= No Money" cards on there, along with an explanation how the bank has some culpability for the amount of innocent blood which was shed that day?

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Brian D. wrote:So a couple days ago, 5/3 put up a whiteboard outside on Fountain Square, inviting all to share their thoughts, remembrances, etc. Two weeks since the incident, is it too soon to tape a couple of "No Guns= No Money" cards on there, along with an explanation how the bank has some culpability for the amount of innocent blood which was shed that day?
No. It is not too soon. Tape 'em real good lest they mysteriously disappear.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Brian D. wrote:So a couple days ago, 5/3 put up a whiteboard outside on Fountain Square, inviting all to share their thoughts, remembrances, etc. Two weeks since the incident, is it too soon to tape a couple of "No Guns= No Money" cards on there, along with an explanation how the bank has some culpability for the amount of innocent blood which was shed that day?
Do you need some cards Brian?
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I have plenty, Mike, thanks.

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I like that!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I didn't have time to do this today. They'll be setting up the square for Oktoberfest tomorrow, parking may be tough. Will try to get there anyway.

I doubt the cards or my message will stay on the board long, in any case.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Brian D. wrote:I didn't have time to do this today. They'll be setting up the square for Oktoberfest tomorrow, parking may be tough. Will try to get there anyway.

I doubt the cards or my message will stay on the board long, in any case.
Whoops, Oktoberfest isn't being held on Fountain Square, my mistake. Anyhow, this morning I taped up a couple of "No Guns = No Money" cards on that whiteboard, and left a message to Fifth Third about what I perceive as their culpability in this incident. Got the stink eye from one person who came over to look. Tried to engage her in conversation, she was having none of it. Had things to do so I left.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I visited the memorial whiteboard again today, and replaced the NG=NM card, this time up a little higher. My written message beneath was more succinct: "5/3, you have culpability here".

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Representatives from Fifth Third Bank visited Spike’s Tactical, a Florida-based firearm manufacturer, last Tuesday to inform them that the bank was discreetly planning to exit the banking sector for gun-related businesses.

According to Spike’s Tactical co-owner Angela Register, the bank representative informed her and their chief financial officer that their business line of credit would not be renewed and encouraged them to find a new bank to hold their accounts, even mentioning that their commercial mortgage should be transferred or it could potentially be called early.

“This is frightening because yet again, we’re continuing to see the Second Amendment under attack in more and more places,” said Register. “It also seems completely hypocritical that institutions, which have been and continue to be protected by guns, are now attacking the very industry that is often their first line of defense.”

Fifth Third Bank, which according to Forbes is one of the largest banking institutions in the U.S., has now apparently joined a growing list of banks, which are choosing to no longer do business with firearms manufacturers.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hopefully all grassroots gun rights groups who have banked with 5/3 become aware of this and take their business elsewhere.
Same goes for firearms owners, naturally.