Shooting at 5/3 Bank in Cincin

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Shooting at 5/3 Bank in Cincin

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:Hopefully all grassroots gun rights groups who have banked with 5/3 become aware of this and take their business elsewhere.
Same goes for firearms owners, naturally.
IMO, they should have a long time ago. They have always been known to be posted at most locations. Heck, I've actually never heard anyone say anything positive about 5/3 in general. So I'm really surprised anyone banks there.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Brian D. wrote:Hopefully all grassroots gun rights groups who have banked with 5/3 become aware of this and take their business elsewhere.
Same goes for firearms owners, naturally.
I bank with 5/3rd only because when my wife past away I had to consolidate my mortgage, savings, checking, bank box, etc. so it was convenient for me and the executor of my estate. At my age it would be a pain in the butt to change everything. But with that said what banks ARE friendly to gun owners that won't change their position when pressured by the Left?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Look into credit unions. They offer pretty much everything banks do.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:Look into credit unions. They offer pretty much everything banks do.
Our local credit union is anti-gun (Friends & Family). Shame, I'd rather keep my business local if I could.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

qmti wrote:what banks ARE friendly to gun owners that won't change their position when pressured by the Left?
Huntington for one - I've never seen a posted branch, and they are also OC friendly.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

JustaShooter wrote:
qmti wrote:what banks ARE friendly to gun owners that won't change their position when pressured by the Left?
Huntington for one - I've never seen a posted branch, and they are also OC friendly.
JustaShooter beat me to it... Huntington is where I bank.

Now, having said that, they do have a tiny percentage of offices posted - the ones in the highest crime and/ or easiest getaway locations. And those have mantrap doors, to boot.
But I've only seen two, and dozens and dozens NOT posted.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

PNC as far as I know is gun friendly.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:PNC as far as I know is gun friendly.
It is now. PNC changed its position in Ohio after it purchased National City Bank. National City was gun friendly while PNC was not, but the National City customers raised a stink and PNC changed its position.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

schmieg wrote:
AlanM wrote:PNC as far as I know is gun friendly.
It is now. PNC changed its position in Ohio after it purchased National City Bank. National City was gun friendly while PNC was not, but the National City customers raised a stink and PNC changed its position.
About a year after PNC removed all their signs, my local branch posted a sign. I checked a few other branches and they were not posted. I emailed the President of Retail Banking at PNC and a couple days later received an email from the Chief Operating Officer. He apologized and told me the sign had been removed. So since two of the top executives at PNC had a "no guns" removed, I am going to say they are not anti-gun.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

JustaShooter wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Look into credit unions. They offer pretty much everything banks do.
Our local credit union is anti-gun (Friends & Family). Shame, I'd rather keep my business local if I could.
My kids have car loans through the credit union in Wayne County. They are posted. I have to have an account since I co-signed. So $25 is in an account so that I am a member. That is all they will get until the signs are down.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I've talked to credit union employees that think since there's the word "federal" in their insurer's name (FDIC) that they are a federal bank and therefore HAVE to post.

AFAIK there are only a handful of actual federal bank buildings and they don't take civilian walk in traffic.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:I've talked to credit union employees that think since there's the word "federal" in their insurer's name (FDIC) that they are a federal bank and therefore HAVE to post.

AFAIK there are only a handful of actual federal bank buildings and they don't take civilian walk in traffic.
I was on the board of a major credit union here in Cincinnati for a number of years and I can say that any credit union employee or official that thinks a federal credit union equals a federal bank is an idiot.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

schmieg wrote:
AlanM wrote:I've talked to credit union employees that think since there's the word "federal" in their insurer's name (FDIC) that they are a federal bank and therefore HAVE to post.

I was on the board of a major credit union here in Cincinnati for a number of years and I can say that any credit union employee or official that thinks a federal credit union equals a federal bank is an idiot.
I was trying not to say that. I did bite my tongue when one young lady made that statement.
AlanM