FL - Uber driver shoots aggressive motorist

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

FL - Uber driver shoots aggressive motorist

Post by Bruenor »

Well that ended quickly..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -stop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dashcam video at link.
Holding a cellphone, Boek raised his hand and said: 'You know I got a pistol? You want me to f****** shooting you?'

However, 38-year-old Westlake, is a licensed armed security guard who holds a concealed weapons permit and who had just completed training to be a police officer.

He fired once which killed Boek as his passenger screams 'oh my god'.

'He ran me off road, jumped out of his vehicle,' Westlake said calmly in the 911 call. 'I couldn't get away.'
The brief encounter was a 'classic stand your ground case,' Sheriff Grady Judd said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: FL - Uber driver shoots aggressive motorist

Post by JustaShooter »

'He ran me off road, jumped out of his vehicle,' Westlake said calmly in the 911 call. 'I couldn't get away.'
The brief encounter was a 'classic stand your ground case,' Sheriff Grady Judd said.
If he couldn't get away, it isn't a SYG case at all, but simple self defense.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Re: FL - Uber driver shoots aggressive motorist

Post by M-Quigley »

According to news reports, he's okay for now on the legal front. Is Uber going to give him a pass on his employment with them since he's a licensed security guard and has completed police training? :roll:

Interesting quote:
'Here's a message for the hotheads of the community: Don't do that stuff. Good people carry guns and they will shoot you,' he added.