Barney a victim of possible drive by

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Barney a victim of possible drive by

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/police- ... keSGgvEiI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not Barney the deputy, the other Barney. :roll:
Around 1:40 p.m Sunday, police collected a bullet, and 29 shell casings from four different guns, read the report. Bullet holes were visible on a purple playground dinosaur ride.
and
“It's a place of tranquility. I hate to hear it’s fallen victim to violence and gun play, but we won’t lose hope,” Brandy said.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Barney a victim of possible drive by

Post by qmti »

Well, it is a shame Barney (playground equipment toy) was shot up by a irresponsible gun owner. But I would imagine in that part of town the shooter probably should not have been in possession of a firearm anyway. It just sheds a bad light on all of us.
drc

Post by drc »

there are lots of folks that make the rest of us look bad. a friend used to repair the electronics on cell towers. he didn't do the climbing, just the electronics on the bottom. the facilities were always shot up.

out at Berlin Reservoir public hunting grounds, there are gas valves and pumps spread around the in the area and small building housing such. they are all shot up along with the piles of beer cans where people were at deer hunting

a large percentage of the population doesn't deserve (notice I didn't say doesn't have the right) just doesn't deserve to own and operate firearms.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I worked as a personal injury paralegal for a while. I was shocked at how often people are injured or killed horsing around oil and gas equipment. One case...what kind of person sits on an oil tank near a gas well and lights up a cigarette...cue the Darwin award jokes.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Never could stand Barney, but I wouldn't shoot a purple dinosaur, just for being annoying. I might plug my ears and go LALALALALALA if I hear him singing one of his dreadful songs, so I can retain what little sanity i have left.

You can put people ON a shooting range and they will still shoot at things that are not targets. One of our club members made some nice signs for the rifle range for 25, 50, 75, 100 yards, etc. and installed them along the edge of the range, well out of the shooting area. within a month there were so many holes in them they looked like they had each been hit with a shotgun multiple times. I just don't understand being on a range that provides target stands, targets, etc. why you would intentionally shoot club property.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson