John McCain dead at 81

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

John McCain dead at 81

Post by evan price »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/25/obit ... -dead.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RIP
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
TJW815

Re: John McCain dead at 81

Post by TJW815 »

While I may not have admired his agenda, I respect his service to his country. May he Rest In Peace.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

TJW815 wrote:While I may not have admired his agenda, I respect his service to his country. May he Rest In Peace.
I feel the same way but don't understand why his political decisions were at times leaned toward anti American rights.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

John McCain was a great man and I thank him for his service although I feel he hurt the Republican Party in his later years.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

It is unfortunate that John McCain's epitaph contains, in essence, an asterisk.

RIP.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
High Power

Post by High Power »

It's too bad when anyone dies. John McCain isn't any different. However, he would have been a better Democrat than a Republican.

Here's hoping that a more conservative person will be appointed by Governor Ducey to replace McCain.

The Arizona Republic has a list of possible appointees. https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 954586001/
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
docachna

Post by docachna »

sodbuster95 wrote:It is unfortunate that John McCain's epitaph contains, in essence, an asterisk.

RIP.
I don't know if this is what you're talking about or not, but he's long been blamed for the 1967 Forrestal fire, with 164 dead, 161 injured.

Interesting post from last year. Draw your own conclusions:

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=75575
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

To bolster the claim that he destroyed the Forrestal, though my dad still wanted to go shake his hand during the presidential campaign...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Gramps wrote:
TJW815 wrote:While I may not have admired his agenda, I respect his service to his country. May he Rest In Peace.
I feel the same way but don't understand why his political decisions were at times leaned toward anti American rights.

Well, he did have brain cancer. Perhaps it was clouding his judgement. I’m sure the last couple years have been tough on him. I give him credit for enduring.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Hate to hear of someone dying of cancer but I never liked john mcCain.

For a guy who was tortured for fighting in a stupid war he had no problem sending the youth of this country to fight and die.

If he had his way he would have had us involved in many more senseless and wasteful wars.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
High Power

Post by High Power »

I never like McCain. Here's another reason why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuitAruUucY
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Since the left supposedly loved McCain so much, how much chance is there that they'll put partisan politics aside, and McCain has suggested in the past, and respect this statement from McCain when Kavenaugh's confirmation hearings start in September? :roll:
“In selecting Judge Brett Kavanaugh to fill the vacancy left by Justice Kennedy, President Trump has chosen a nominee with impeccable credentials and a strong record of upholding the Constitution. Over the course of Judge Kavanaugh's impressive legal career, he has built a reputation as a fair, independent, and mainstream judge who has earned widespread respect from his peers. One of the Senate's highest constitutional responsibilities is to provide advice and consent on nominations to the Supreme Court, and I look forward to the Senate fulfilling this critical duty through a fair and thorough confirmation process.”
https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/in ... reme-court" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Appears both Trump and Palin has been disinvited to the funeral. Trump, meh. Palin? The McCain folks set her up
to fail and she hasn’t been vindictive about that at all. McCain’s presidential campaign was floundering from the start, and the only big poll jump came from adding Palin. Then he mucked up the financial crisis meeting (with Bush and
Obama) and ended it. And I’m not a Palin fanboy.

As a very well connected lobbyist told me once (represented a company I worked for at the time I was young and naive), “you’d be amazed what these Senators are-and do- away from the public”
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
High Power

Post by High Power »

Here are some articles that shed a little light on McCain's character. From the first article about the Forrestal fire:
Following McCain’s application for a transfer to the Oriskany, his orders were delayed, and in September he returned to his home in Jacksonville, Fla. There, an old friend, Chuck Larson, saw a change in McCain: The pilot was discouraged about his future. McCain confided to Larson that he might have to get out of the Navy because, in the words of the Timberg biography, “his past had become a burden” and “whenever he joined a new outfit he was dismayed that his reputation for mayhem had preceded him.” Aside from any questions about his Forrestal actions, McCain had, in his short Navy career, crashed two planes and flown a third into power lines in Spain because of, as he put it, “daredevil clowning.
Even though the investigation of the fire concluded that there was no one person to blame for the fire there have been accusations that McCain's "wet starting" his aircraft started the fire. I wonder if Admiral Moorer's friendship with McCain's father had something to do with the fact that the "wet starting" was not addressed in the investigation.
The investigation into the Forrestal fire was in the hands of Adm. Thomas Moorer, chief of naval operations and a close friend of McCain’s father. (Their friendship was why Moorer would personally convey the news to Adm. Jack McCain three months later that his son had been shot down in Vietnam.) Moorer gave the investigation to Rear Adm. Forsyth Massey, who handed in his report on Sept. 19, 1967. McCain received orders to report to the Oriskany on Sept. 30.
Here is the article: https://www.truthdig.com/articles/inves ... dy-at-sea/

When I was in Air Force Survival School they told us, during the POW training, that everyone will crack under torture or due to trickery. We were told that it is just a matter of time. EVERYONE will succumb. With that said, I don't have anything against McCain for making statements against the US in captivity.

I met a lot of POWs from WWII at the airshows I flew in during the 1980s. I also met some POWs from Vietnam. All of them told me about their daily beatings. The Vietnamese were particularly sadistic.

With what was described to me, it wouldn't be surprising if they said something against their own mothers at the hands of those sadists.

So, McCain was not any different. It didn't come to light until several years ago that he made statements against the US. That was kept quiet as it would have hurt his chances to be elected. Confessing to "war crimes" while in captivity was understandable because of the torture. However he didn't deserve a medal. It would have been deserved IF he DID NOT crack under pressure.

There is a desire among Americans to call everyone who served in Vietnam, especially POWs, heroes. Because McCain went through something that most veterans never experienced they want to call him a hero. I would not call him that just because he was shot down. He happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

An Instructor Pilot of mine said to me; "He got shot down and was captured then they gave him a medal. I brought the aircraft back in one piece and didn't get anything for it!"

Here's a video that explains the lie that McCain's career was built on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHF0yXrwr-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are two videos that have conflicting views two different POWs of McCain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLWEDMLmjKk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfyGdG9llSE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a very detailed account about how McCain dumped his first wife after returning from Vietnam. I think this gives the perfect insight to what his real character is like more than anything else.

From the article:
Carol [McCain's First Wife] insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’

she says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce.

‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.
Full story here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ehind.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

John McCain was a domestic enemy of the Constitution, and particularly an enemy of the Second Amendment.
He wanted the US to be in a constant state of war , with ANY country he could justify one with.
He wanted open borders.

He will not be missed by anyone who loves Liberty.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.