Utah: Student carriers restricted to 3'x3' area in classrm

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Utah: Student carriers restricted to 3'x3' area in classrm

Post by rickt »

This didn't go as planned for the instructor.
A graduate assistant at the University of Utah has been reassigned from teaching a class this semester after handing out a syllabus that said bringing a concealed carry gun to class “is absurd, antisocial, and frightening behavior” and that any of her students who have one — even if permitted — would be forced to stand in a “3x3 taped square” in the back of the classroom.

“This zone also does not include a desk, because desks are reserved for students who respect the personal and psychological safety of their classmates and instructor,” reads a copy of the course outline.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2 ... sity-utah/
High Power

Re: Utah: Student carriers restricted to 3'x3' area in class

Post by High Power »

Do you have another link? I don't feel like subscribing to the website.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

High Power wrote:Do you have another link? I don't feel like subscribing to the website.
I just had to turn off AdBlosk Plus for that site while I read the article and comments.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I'd be curious as to how many carriers actually paid attention to this idiot and complied. :evil:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

desks are reserved for students who respect the personal and psychological safety of their classmates and instructor,”
"Psychological safety"? Sounds like that snowflake needs to find itself a safe space. SMH
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

JustaShooter wrote:
desks are reserved for students who respect the personal and psychological safety of their classmates and instructor,”
"Psychological safety"? Sounds like that snowflake needs to find itself a safe space. SMH
Like a 8x8 padded room ?
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

“This zone also does not include a desk, because desks are reserved for students who respect the personal and psychological safety of their classmates and instructor,”

To quote a dear departed friend of mine.........

"That is the dumbest thing I ever heard"
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

High Power wrote:Do you have another link? I don't feel like subscribing to the website.
Try this one:
https://outline.com/MYjxRg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The University of Utah reassigned a graduate assistant after her syllabus restricted students with concealed guns to a ‘Second Amendment zone’..."

outline(dot)com removes the clutter and allows you to read most sites.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Tru-Heathen wrote:
Try this one:
https://outline.com/MYjxRg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The University of Utah reassigned a graduate assistant after her syllabus restricted students with concealed guns to a ‘Second Amendment zone’..."

outline(dot)com removes the clutter and allows you to read most sites.
Thanks. I turned the ad-blocker off for the first website.

The Graduate Assistant demonstrated that she's a dunce who needs to put in the corner with her face to the wall.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/08/2 ... -backfire/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

That POS really needs outed. Let their stupidity be known far and wide.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

She's a graduate assistant huh? AKA professional student? Clearly this snowflake is already educated beyond her intelligence.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member