The Kavanaugh Confirmation

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: The Kavanaugh Confirmation

Post by bignflnut »

Who doesn't love the idea of kicking this confirmation to the Deep State Riddled FBI? Anyone keeping up on SpyGate and the FISA court star chamber violations that are being unwound daily?

Nothing like putting a SCOTUS seat in the hands of un-elected, unknown, unaccountable bureaucrats.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

bignflnut wrote:Who doesn't love the idea of kicking this confirmation to the Deep State Riddled FBI? Anyone keeping up on SpyGate and the FISA court star chamber violations that are being unwound daily?

Nothing like putting a SCOTUS seat in the hands of un-elected, unknown, unaccountable bureaucrats.
Maybe they'll bring Lon Horiuchi out of retirement to lead the "investigation".

I wonder what the body count will be...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I'm just surprised this 'investigation' wasn't put under the Russian Collusion umbrella.. :roll:
With it's lazer focused scope & all. These things are clearly all intertwined.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Aesinsp wrote:I'm just surprised this 'investigation' wasn't put under the Russian Collusion umbrella.. :roll:
With it's lazer focused scope & all. These things are clearly all intertwined.
Actually there are some liberal Democrats demanding that the investigation not be limited in any way, not by subject or length of time.

I heard one liberal on the radio ask a moderator if Kavanaugh can be impeached (supposedly by the new Senate I guess) if he is approved by the Republicans at the end of the week since he lied at the Senate hearing. When the moderator asked what comment he was referring to, he said that Kavanaugh claimed not to have watched Ford's testimony on TV, and the person claimed that was a lie because several news sources reported he did watch it. I do recall hearing him say that and thinking "Why not?" It didn't make sense to me that he wouldn't have watched it. What I saw the news outlets report was that someone else (his aide) said that he watched it, and Kavanaugh's explanation was that he intended to but didn't get the chance because he was preparing for his own testimony. I would've thought that at the very least reading a transcript of what she said would be part of preparation. After all, what if he's asked about something she said that morning?

Here's the liberal fantasy

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4090 ... hes-on-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's a dose or reality

https://www.axios.com/supreme-court-imp ... 0b277.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Realistic or not, certain Democratic politicians and party members will continue to let this fantasy run, so as to gin up the base into showing up in November.

Now they are claiming the FBI will only interview 4 witnesses, and will ignore other potential witnesses. Just because they haven't given a complete interview list to the press on monday morning at the beginning doesn't mean anything yet. :roll:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/799210/po ... red-by-fbi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The FBI is reportedly only interviewing four witnesses for its probe into Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. But it's not for other witnesses' lack of trying.

Several people who once knew Kavanaugh or Mark Judge, the man Christine Blasey Ford alleged was in the room when Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her, have tried to talk to the FBI, The New Yorker reports. Yet despite emails, phone calls, and even in-person visits to FBI offices, they haven't been interviewed.

Kavanaugh's confirmation proceedings were delayed Friday when Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) called for a week-long investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against the nominee. The FBI has since specified it will interview Judge, Patrick Smyth, Leland Keyser, and Deborah Ramirez. Ford said Smyth and Keyser were at the 1982 party where she was assaulted, and Ramirez was a Yale classmate of Kavanaugh's who also accused him of assault.

Judge previously denied any memory of the alleged incident, but his former girlfriend Elizabeth Rasor has doubts about his credibility. She'd like to testify to the FBI that Judge told her he once gang raped a drunk woman — an allegation Judge denies — she tells The New Yorker. But her lawyer's emails to the FBI have gone unanswered, and one bureau official even reportedly recommended she call an 800-number tip line.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I've got a question for someone more versed in legal investigations than I (which is a lot of people) In one of the links I posted, Mark Judge allegedly said this:
Update 3:15 p.m. EDT Sept. 28: Mark Judge, Kavanaugh's friend in high school, said Friday that he’s willing to cooperate with any law enforcement agency that “confidentially” investigates an allegation that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford during a gathering in the summer of 1982.

BREAKING: Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge says he'll cooperate with any law enforcement agency that investigates 'confidentially.'
— The Associated Press (@AP) September 28, 2018
Other than pleading the fifth, how is that realistically possible under the circumstances? If the FBI reports to the committee what he said, it's going to be leaked. If not, the Dem's will say the FBI is hiding something.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

while we were watching Kav:
....the passage this week, in both houses, of a $853 billion spending bill. About $600 million of the spending is directed towards the Pentagon—boosting the military budget to levels not seen since the height of the Iraq War.

The bill is now on its way to President Donald Trump's desk. He must sign it before October 1 to avoid a government shutdown, which might be complicated by the lack of funding for his border wall.

The spending bill has raised the ire of the few fiscally conservative Republicans who sit in Congress. Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) encouraged Trump not to sign the bill and blasted his fellow lawmakers for being "far worse than the politicians they once derided."

This gigantic, wasteful, pathetic spending bill passed the House and Senate. @POTUS @realDonaldTrump said, "I will never sign another bill like this again," about the last bill like this, the omnibus. He'll now be put to the test. https://t.co/x3FpgmRemD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
— Justin Amash (@justinamash) September 27, 2018

While the Kavanaugh hearings devolved into partisan acrimony, Congress was also serving up reminders of what happens when nearly everyone agrees. The Tax Reform 2.0 vote went mostly party line, but spending an obscene amount of money was, once again, a bipartisan affair in both the House and Senate.

So, too, was the passage of the Support for Patients and Communities Act, a much-touted bipartisan effort to address the opioid crisis in the most congressional of ways: by throwing money and more prohibition at the problem.

The final version of the bill, which passed the House 393-8 on Friday and now heads to the Senate, will spend about $8 billion on state-run opioid treatment centers and research into non-opioid pain killers. It also beefed up border security in the name of stopping the importation of illicitly manufactured fentanyl and other lab-made drugs.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Here is a reply from blow hard Sherrod Brown

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about Judge Brett Kavanaugh's nomination for the Supreme Court. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

The process of appointing a Supreme Court justice is designed to maintain the separation of powers and ensure that the nominee is highly-qualified for a position on the nation's highest court. While the President has the responsibility to select and nominate a justice, the Constitution requires that the Senate provide advice and consent on all Supreme Court nominees. As a result, the Senate Judiciary Committee and the full Senate must conduct a comprehensive review of Judge Kavanaugh's background, record, and qualifications.

After thoroughly reviewing Judge Kavanaugh's record, meeting with him face-to-face, and listening to Ohioans, I am convinced he would side with special interests over working people and threaten the rights of Ohioans. As a result, I will oppose his nomination. Special interests already have armies of lobbyists and lawyers on their side. I believe working people need Justices who will put their rights first, not Justices who will side with insurance companies over cancer survivors, financial scammers over customers, or massive corporations over American workers.

I am already deeply troubled by the recent trend of Supreme Court decisions that strip rights away from Ohioans, including workers, voters, and women. And I will not support any Justice who would take rights away from Ohioans.

Thank you again for reaching out to me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I am already deeply troubled by the recent trend of Supreme Court decisions that strip rights away from Ohioans, including workers, voters, and women. And I will not support any Justice who would take rights away from Ohioans.
Does that include First or Second Amendment rights that Senator Brown has voted to take away? :|
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

troy bilt wrote:Here is a reply from blow hard Sherrod Brown

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about Judge Brett Kavanaugh's nomination for the Supreme Court. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

The process of appointing a Supreme Court justice is designed to maintain the separation of powers and ensure that the nominee is highly-qualified for a position on the nation's highest court. While the President has the responsibility to select and nominate a justice, the Constitution requires that the Senate provide advice and consent on all Supreme Court nominees. As a result, the Senate Judiciary Committee and the full Senate must conduct a comprehensive review of Judge Kavanaugh's background, record, and qualifications.

After thoroughly reviewing Judge Kavanaugh's record, meeting with him face-to-face, and listening to Ohioans, I am convinced he would side with special interests over working people and threaten the rights of Ohioans. As a result, I will oppose his nomination. Special interests already have armies of lobbyists and lawyers on their side. I believe working people need Justices who will put their rights first, not Justices who will side with insurance companies over cancer survivors, financial scammers over customers, or massive corporations over American workers.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator
I'm shocked [/sarc]

I also note that not one bit of his rationale can be tied back to the Constitution, even with the mental gymnastics the Left is known for. SIckening...
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

troy bilt wrote:Here is a reply from blow hard Sherrod Brown

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about Judge Brett Kavanaugh's nomination for the Supreme Court. I appreciate the opportunity to respond

( BOILERPLATE)

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator
This is, I believe, the identical letter that Inreceived.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Speaking with Jeffrey Rosen, the president of the Constitution Center, and Democratic Senator Chris Coons at The Atlantic Festival on Tuesday morning, Flake called the judge’s interactions with lawmakers “sharp and partisan.”

“We can’t have that on the Court,” said the Arizona senator, who didn’t elaborate on which interactions he was referring to.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
Speaking with Jeffrey Rosen, the president of the Constitution Center, and Democratic Senator Chris Coons at The Atlantic Festival on Tuesday morning, Flake called the judge’s interactions with lawmakers “sharp and partisan.”

“We can’t have that on the Court,” said the Arizona senator, who didn’t elaborate on which interactions he was referring to.
From the link:
I caught up with Flake briefly as he left the event, and asked if this meant he would not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, even if the FBI cleared him by week’s end. He appeared rattled, and his handlers rushed him into the stairwell. “I didn’t say that …” he stammered. “I wasn’t referring to him.”
Regardless, there are others (who aren't Senators) who have expressed the opinion that Kavanaugh is unfit to sit on the court regardless of his guilt simply because of the things he said and the way he responded to the questioning. I can't recall which website it was, but someone who allegedly knew Kavanaugh in college wrote a long article that he shouldn't be confirmed despite the author admitting the questioning of him was partisan. In other words, we (Senators) can play politics and imply stuff about you but don't you dare respond negatively to it, or call it what it is. He allegedly is not fit to be a Justice simply on that basis alone. :roll:

The writer also said that since he didn't know who was telling the truth he would not vote to confirm if he was a Senator because it wasn't a court of law, and the only thing that counts is if the FBI proves he didn't do it. To prove he couldn't have done it based soley on testimony of alleged witnesses is almost an impossibility in most cases.

There are even a few people out there that have suggested he is unfit to be a justice because he supposedly admitted making fun of a person with a speech impediment in one of his yearbook writings and that he's not a very nice person in describing women when he was 18. It's almost like 2016 all over again, only about a different person.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Update: Ford may have perjured herself in regards to a question regarding whether or not she assisted someone in taking a polygraph

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/0 ... gh-assault" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
Grassley referenced sworn testimony from a former boyfriend of Ford’s who said he saw Ford coaching a friend on taking a polygraph exam. Fox News obtained a copy of a letter from an anonymous person claiming to be Ford’s ex-boyfriend. A key passage:

“I witnessed Dr. Ford help McLean (Ford’s friend and former roommate, according to the letter) prepare for a potential polygraph exam,” the letter read. “Dr. Ford explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked and helped McLean become familiar and less nervous about the exam. Dr. Ford was able to help because of her background in psychology.”

Ford testified under oath during the Judiciary Committee hearing that she had never helped anyone who was planning to take a polygraph.

BREAKING: Fox’s @johnrobertsFox obtains letter from Ford ex-boyfriend alleging: dated for 6 yrs, never told of sex assault, Ford coached friend on taking polygraph, flew frequently w/o expressing any fear of flying/tight spaces/limited exits. Doesn’t want to b/c “involved”. pic.twitter.com/jVeW0qaJD0

— Shannon Bream (@ShannonBream) October 3, 2018
Not that truth or not even matters anymore, because now Cory Booker and other Democrats are now publically saying it doesn't matter if he did it or not, he shouldn't be nominated anyway simply because of the seriousness of the allegation. They're setting up their argument for the end of the week in case no smoking gun is found which proves the accusations. They're also claiming that Kavanaugh lied when he was asked to characterize his drinking habits, which is simply Kavanaugh's opinion versus a few other people's opinions he associated with back then. This is far different than Ford being asked if she did something and she denies it, although exactly what she allegedly did is still in question. Did she merely describe what is involved in a polygraph or did she coach the person into beating it?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

It was mentioned this morning that there is evidence that the woman whose emotional rant caused Flake to call for an FBI investigation is a paid shill for a George Soros funded astroturf group.
Also the other people with her were also.
The whole thing was a setup, scripted, and recorded very purposefully.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

AlanM wrote:The whole thing was a setup, scripted, and recorded very purposefully.
Just like any movie producer, they're showing us what they want us to see so as to guide our minds in a certain direction.

And now the goalposts move, targeting a handful of senators who are being re-elected or auditioning for the next stages of their careers in service to their masters. Senators and Congressmen have recently been attacked to the point of near fatality. Civility and decorum have been disposed of long ago.

All of it designed to delay and obstruct as SCOTUS continues to do its work in the background.

At this point, one has a belief choice: Either the "leaders" are being ignorantly led around by those outside of leadership or they are fully in charge and marching to the beat they subsidize/desire/encourage.