The Kavanaugh Confirmation

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: The Kavanaugh Confirmation

Post by deanimator »

bignflnut wrote:
deanimator wrote:The hilarious thing is that the Democrats made themselves look like a bunch of drooling window lickers and he's STILL going to be confirmed.
It's election season...just 2 months away...there has got to be a spectacle to fund-raise off of.
Anybody who would sincerely give them money for that needs to be in a closely supervised group home, lest they end up sitting in the middle of the street playing with a toy truck and get shot by the police.

Of course the Republicans could do worse than to give them money for that performance, since it can only benefit them. It was at once both deranged and utterly futile.

The Democrats remind me of my upstairs neighbor who beat his wife/girlfriend/wench. It took me two or three calls to the police, but I finally got him arrested (for climbing out onto a sixth floor ledge and kicking a cop). I remember him sitting in the back seat of the cop car, beating his head on the window of one of the back doors. All he got for his trouble was a headache and a trip to jail, instead of just a trip to jail.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Expecting Trump voters to take all of this in and quietly turn out to the polls like in 2016. I remember believing the fake polls that Hillary had won before the voting started but showed up anyway. Then went home to look at the results and within 5 minutes began to realize that Trump would win. I spent the night watching the media meltdown, including talk of impeachment before he had even been declared the winner.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

catfish86 wrote:Expecting Trump voters to take all of this in and quietly turn out to the polls like in 2016.
FWIW, this whole confirmation week, Rush L. has had subs in.
Maybe he's 30 and done, maybe it's Labor Day vacation...IDK. Seems like prime time for him to be on the mic. His audience is going to get the analysis from somewhere...don't think he's doing his brand any favors.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bignflnut wrote:
catfish86 wrote:Expecting Trump voters to take all of this in and quietly turn out to the polls like in 2016.
Maybe he's 30 and done, maybe it's Labor Day vacation...IDK. Seems like prime time for him to be on the mic. His audience is going to get the analysis from somewhere...don't think he's doing his brand any favors.
I'm actually listening some to the program because Rush isn't there this week. A little Limbaugh goes a LONG way with me nowadays.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:I'm actually listening some to the program because Rush isn't there this week. A little Limbaugh goes a LONG way with me nowadays.
I'm not usually awake for his show, but when I am, these days the only time I listen is when Mark Steyn guest hosts.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Steyn has been the substitute this week.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:Steyn has been the substitute this week.
He should have his own show.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

bignflnut wrote:
If I remember right, I think he usually takes the week of Labor Day off.

Mark Steyn is a great guest host, and I agree, he deserves his own show.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that has raised over $1 million to give to Collins’s opponent in 2020.

Okay, that sounds reasonable, right? Except for the fact that the money will only go to the opponent if Collins votes against Kavanaugh. That is where the bribery allegation comes into play.
Throwing money at Collins.
They're so desperate that they're publicly bribing her and crowdfunding the effort.
I mean, I don’t why Noti said “it still seems” or why other organizations don’t consider it bribery. It’s in black and white in the fine print! If Collins doesn’t vote against Kavanaugh, the activists will send the money to her opponent: “Your card will only be charged if Collins votes for Kavanaugh’s confirmation.”
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

And now comes the #metoo sex crime accusation from an anonymous source through a letter involving a girl from high school..
https://reason.com/blog/2018/09/13/dian ... ugh-me-too" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D–Calif.) has informed the FBI about a previously unrevealed issue in Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's past. In a press release about the matter, she provided no other information, but the public speculation has already begun.

The New York Times spoke with two officials "familiar with the matter" who claimed that the information involves a woman's sexual misconduct allegation against Kavanaugh dating back to his high school years.
Metoo is the best[/s], you can crush and destroy peoples careers, with no evidence necessary, all that's needed is an accusation.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I'm 69 years old and I don't think I have ever seen so much hate in politics before. The Dems hate Trump so much that they will resort to events that have happened decades ago. They are desperate and encourage out right hostility towards anyone who don't share their views. Maxine Waters is a fine example of this hate. They will destroy anyone that is endorsed by Trump just to get to him. And people of the "Left" have en-bodied so much hate it has taken over their lives and there is no common ground. The days of compromise have left this earth.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

qmti wrote:I'm 69 years old and I don't think I have ever seen so much hate in politics before
I`m 61 and I have.

One of the priests from my church in Chicago went down south as a freedom rider and got shotgunned.

Of course a Democrat did that...
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:And now comes the #metoo sex crime accusation from an anonymous source through a letter involving a girl from high school..
https://reason.com/blog/2018/09/13/dian ... ugh-me-too" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D–Calif.) has informed the FBI about a previously unrevealed issue in Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's past. In a press release about the matter, she provided no other information, but the public speculation has already begun.

The New York Times spoke with two officials "familiar with the matter" who claimed that the information involves a woman's sexual misconduct allegation against Kavanaugh dating back to his high school years.
Metoo is the best[/s], you can crush and destroy peoples careers, with no evidence necessary, all that's needed is an accusation.
Gee, I was only being sarcastic when I said:
A news story will soon break on how Kavenaugh allegedly made a racist sexist homophobic etc remark to someone or allegedly sexually harrassed someone decades ago, starting in 4,3,2,1..... :roll:
:(
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yeah I'm calling bullship on this one. Nothing more than a pathetic smear and lie. It (no way I'm calling that thing a she) found out about it earlier this summer. IF it was a legitimate claim then it should have reported WAAAAAAY (nearly 4 DECADES) back when it happened and at the very least it should have reported it as soon as it found out about it. Instead it held on to the information until it was too late for the authorities to actually investigate the claim before going into the confirmation in the hopes that it could be used as a weapon during the confirmation or at the very least as a weaponized issue during the mid-term elections.
Bruenor wrote:And now comes the #metoo sex crime accusation from an anonymous source through a letter involving a girl from high school..

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

From Booker's "Spartacus" moment, Kamela Harris' mystery email and vague conversation with an unnamed attorney from a firm with a hundred lawyers to Feinstein's Anita Hill attempt...what credibility do these people have? And Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a former ACLU lawyer who was very pro-abortion/feminist/liberal and got confirmed on a 96-3 vote. This only a couple of years after Clarence Thomas' high tech lynching. Remember he had already been approved by the judiciary committee when Anita Hill was trotted out with her bogus claims.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.