The Kavanaugh Confirmation

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Re: The Kavanaugh Confirmation

Post by High Power »

bignflnut wrote:
AlanM wrote:The whole thing was a setup, scripted, and recorded very purposefully.
Just like any movie producer, they're showing us what they want us to see so as to guide our minds in a certain direction.

And now the goalposts move, targeting a handful of senators who are being re-elected or auditioning for the next stages of their careers in service to their masters. Senators and Congressmen have recently been attacked to the point of near fatality. Civility and decorum have been disposed of long ago.

All of it designed to delay and obstruct as SCOTUS continues to do its work in the background.

At this point, one has a belief choice: Either the "leaders" are being ignorantly led around by those outside of leadership or they are fully in charge and marching to the beat they subsidize/desire/encourage.
Imagine what would happen to a couple of white male gunowners if they had attacked Senator Feinstein the way the two women did Senator Flake. Would they have been permitted to continue their rant without being taken down by Capitol Police?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That elevator "scene" was the "Fonzie jumped the shark" moment for this production, which I will now dub Kavvy Days. How would "random" people, protestors at that, get so close to a Senator, in a security controlled DC building?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

It is odd to have a secret report generated AFTER the defense testimony has been given under oath to the Judiciary Committee... Danger! x 3

On the other hand, here's Judge Nap on Kav's record...4 minute clip starts with Natural Rights, so some may recoil in horror.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
High Power

Post by High Power »

bignflnut wrote:It is odd to have a secret report generated AFTER the defense testimony has been given under oath to the Judiciary Committee... Danger! x 3

On the other hand, here's Judge Nap on Kav's record...4 minute clip starts with Natural Rights, so some may recoil in horror.
That video is troublesome.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if some of Judge K's opinions were written to be consistent with previous court precedence. In other words, he probably had his own personal opinions that were contrary to the opinions of the SCOTUS but didn't express them. Could he have written his opinions, regardless of his own feelings, to be consistent with Court precedence?

The reason that I am wondering about this is that in order to keep from being controversial, and in so doing get the SCOTUS nomination, he had to go along with the crowd. I don't have the case at my fingertips now but I believe he wrote and opinion for Kennedy which was consistent with Roe V. Wade. Then during questioning about his feelings on abortion, his answers made the left uneasy. Of course, anything he would say would make the left uneasy but the subject of abortion, for them was particularly unnerving.

Then in later questioning, he was asked if the SCOTUS ever made a mistake. His reply was yes. The cases he cited were the Dred Scott case and Plessy V. Ferguson. That put the Democrats in a tight spot. They could whine about his views on abortion all day long but can't argue with both of his observations on the aforementioned cases involving slavery and racial discrimination.

To sum this up, I'm wondering if he has the attitude of; "I will have to write my opinions to be consistent with what the SCOTUS has already said but when I get on the bench, I don't have to be PC and I'll say whatever I want to. The pro-life crowd and gun rights supporters will have a friend in me?"

I'm not trying to say that's what I believe are Judge K's feelings but wondering if he is using the same tactic that other so-called "conservative" judges have used in the past. You know the ones like Souter, Kennedy and Roberts. They pretend to be conservative for a Republican President then flip when they get on the bench. In this case, could Judge K be pretending to be middle of the road but secretly very conservative?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I think I've heard it all now from some on the left. :( I was talking with someone about how the FBI report was released. I haven't seen it (it wasn't released to the public) but according to the person who told me this that allegedly the report does not include interviews with some so called key people, and the accusation is that Trump somehow ordered the FBI not to interview certain people, or not to ask about certain subjects, like drinking. While that's possible I suppose I asked him what if someone from the FBI is asked if any of that is true and the FBI official denies it, what then? Or what if Trumps directive (it was probably written) is published and it doesn't say that? He said that means that the FBI agents or agent in charge willingly did an incomplete investigation intentionally to keep "the truth" from the public, to protect Kavanaugh and by extension President Trump. :lol:
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

M-Quigley wrote: allegedly the report does not include interviews with some so called key people, and the accusation is that Trump somehow ordered the FBI not to interview certain people :lol:
Supposedly the fbi didn't interview some of the people that Ford discussed her issues with but weren't there when it happened....the fact of that being "heresay" is somehow glossed over.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

evan price wrote:
M-Quigley wrote: allegedly the report does not include interviews with some so called key people, and the accusation is that Trump somehow ordered the FBI not to interview certain people :lol:
Supposedly the fbi didn't interview some of the people that Ford discussed her issues with but weren't there when it happened....the fact of that being "heresay" is somehow glossed over.
It seems like facts of any kind, or the lack of them, is being completely overlooked in his case. :( The current talking points by most of the left earlier this week was that they couldn't prove he's guilty but didn't need to, that the Senate confirmations weren't a criminal trial, and the seriousness of the allegations should be enough for his nomination to be withdrawn or a no vote. Even the ACLU threw out the innocent until proven guilty standard in ads which so far as to throw their favorite boy Bill Clinton under the bus. The commercial starts out with Clinton saying "I did not have sex with that woman" and show other men, including Bill Cosby, before showing Kavanaugh. Of course the allegation against Clinton was proven with evidence and Cosby was convicted in a court of law. In addition, the people around Clinton. Weinstein and Cosby knew what kind of guys they were, there wasn't 50+ people who signed character references for them, etc. The ACLU's stance was even critisized by a moderator and the panel of guests on a CNN show of all places.

Sadly, no reporter in the MSM will ask any of the protesters bussed in tonight who paid for their transporation, lodging, etc. :(
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

THIS JUST IN
The U.S. Senate has voted to move the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh forward in a 51-49 vote.

Republican Lisa Murkowski voted NO. While Democrat Joe Manchin (WV) voted YES.
Grande Drama Mañana.

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Planned Parenthood, the entity that sells baby parts and gets $500 million a year (that's a dollar plus for everyone in the nation) from taxpayer funds, has weighed in on Kav:
Planned Parenthood Action
‏Verified account @PPact

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Senators vote NO on #Kavanaugh
Or else we're coming for you

#NationalPoetryDay #StopKavanaugh

Dana Loesch
‏Verified account @DLoesch

Dana Loesch Retweeted Planned Parenthood Action

Like doxxing republican senators? Or like how Paul was attacked in his yard? Or Cruz ambushed in a restaurant? Or McConnell at the airport? I’ll omit the baseball field. You should clarify this. The left interprets everything to mean violence except when they say it.
PP insists that the blood they spill continue to flow.

The threats and the bribes are flying all around. Senators and Congresscritters are being loudly and belligerently confronted.

Reports are that the phone and email transmissions are legion, making it difficult to follow up on each and every threat (and giving some cover to anyone who might actually carry these threats out).

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I'm not typically the type to react emotionally at ignorant and ridiculous leftist CRAP but this one has me in a wad.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/tech ... aplan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a long article and if you read it and slog through the whole thing, you might hate people and cry over the degradation of (at least a sect) of American people.

Cliff notes version, at least as it seemed to me:

Facebook sucks, we already knew that, but even Facebook realizes that they are a bastion of leftist idiots so someone high up decided they needed to have someone in their leadership ranks that "represented the other side" and they hired a known conservative some time ago.

Just so happens that he and his wife are close personal friends with Judge Brett Kavanaugh. They were in each other's wedding, their kids have grown up together. So this Facebook Exec showed up at the hearings and sat (visibly!) behind his friend and appeared in photos.

And now a slew of Facebook employees are all "damaged" because he did showed up there, appeared in photos and they cannot accept it.

I can't recap it for crap, I'm still too angry.

Consider my post a dare for you to read that article.

I'm angry and I'm horribly sad. My Dad would puke over this if he was alive to read it.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Saw that article also.

Two points...
- Joel Kaplan needs to remind them that they are EMPLOYEES and they need to get back to work.
- They were damaged long before they saw him at the hearing.

Simple solution to both points, sit down, do your job, or go find a new one.

Joel's big mistake was not in going to the hearing, it was in apologizing to these morons. He should have taken a cue from Orrin Hatch and told them to "grow up". :twisted:
Sevens wrote:I'm not typically the type to react emotionally at ignorant and ridiculous leftist CRAP but this one has me in a wad.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/tech ... aplan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And now a slew of Facebook employees are all "damaged" because he did showed up there, appeared in photos and they cannot accept it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

It's over. It's a done deal. The Dem's have retreated to their offices to cry or compose a sarcastic denial speech.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

qmti wrote:It's over. It's a done deal. The Dem's have retreated to their offices to cry or compose a sarcastic denial speech.
When he gets the chance he will make the left PAY. imo
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Yes, I'm drinking a beer.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB