Man shoots pellet gun at Navy SEALS

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Man shoots pellet gun at Navy SEALS

Post by Bruenor »

File this one under not thinking things through. He's probably lucky they just called police on him.
https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-seals-pellet-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Around 10:30 p.m., Navy SEAL instructors and trainees were conducting a nighttime qualification dive when Scott Douglass Weaver, 47, confronted them near the Halsey Road bridge at Liberty Station, authorities said.

At one point, the man began firing a pellet gun at the divers. A Navy spokesman said that’s when the SEALs called the police.

San Diego Police arrested Weaver for assault with a deadly weapon, threats, brandishing a replica firearm and obstruction, a police spokesman said.

The Navy said no military personnel were injured.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Man shoots pellet gun at Navy SEALS

Post by sodbuster95 »

Lolz. Bring on the popcorn.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

RE: the assailant, Scott Douglass Weaver...

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

WY_Not wrote:RE: the assailant, Scott Douglass Weaver...

Considering what's being taught in the schools these days, maybe he WAS...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I wonder if the SEALs had loaded firearms to shoot back with, if they'd wanted to? This was stateside, California to boot. My guess would be no.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

It is not standard practice for military who are not in a war zone to be armed. Even if they have weapons, they quite often don't have ammunition. There was a case at Fort Jackson where a bunch of guys in a pickup truck with shotguns robbed a company in basic of their M16s.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:It is not standard practice for military who are not in a war zone to be armed. Even if they have weapons, they quite often don't have ammunition. There was a case at Fort Jackson where a bunch of guys in a pickup truck with shotguns robbed a company in basic of their M16s.
Back when the army used to pay in cash (yes I'm a dinosaur :roll: ) on payday there were so many armed soldiers guarding the building you would've thought the president was coming. They even had a sniper team and soldiers with a belt fed M60 on the roof of the building with spotters. We were given instructions by our drill Sgt that if the order to get down was given, everyone was to hit the deck and don't get up until the all clear was given, to avoid accidentally getting shot.
The rest of the time armed security was no where to be seen.