Gotta love Joe Deters!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

roughsawn

Gotta love Joe Deters!

Post by roughsawn »

"Well, buy a rifle" Lol!
http://www.wlwt.com/article/hamilton-co ... d/22118427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
High Power

Re: Gotta love Joe Deters!

Post by High Power »

Even though I am very, very, very conservative, I've got to the point that I am now opposed to the death penalty.

I've seen how the courts work and how prosecutors and cops will go to great lengths to ensure a conviction. A lot of them don't care about the guilt or innocence of the defendant. The prosecutors want to get their 99.99% conviction rate and will withhold exculpatory evidence from the defense attorneys.

So if a Jury doesn't see that evidence, then in their minds the defendant is guilty.

Last year, a Jury in Alabama convicted a defendant of 1st degree murder but recommended life in prison. The Judge overrode the recommendation and give him death. The SCOTUS ruled that the Judge was well within his prerogatives to sentence the man to death.

IMHO that gives a Judge too much power. A Jury, in the future, may be reluctant to convict someone who is really guilty for fear that a Judge will not accept a recommendation for life but issuing a death sentence instead.

I've seen first-hand how Judges, who have their minds made up, will wield their power in a court room to make someone look either innocent or guilty depending on their bias.

The appeals process is a joke. Don't get me started on that.

I could pull a trigger on someone in self-defense if needed. However, I cringe whenever I read about someone that is executed by whatever means.

Think, Sam Shepard, Ricky Jackson, Randal Dale Adams and Dale Johnston; just to name a few.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein