citizen with handgun stops alleged Dayton store burglars

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

citizen with handgun stops alleged Dayton store burglars

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/police- ... eSeSMcoHO/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Police: Citizen holds alleged attempted burglar suspects at gunpoint outside Dayton store

Police have confirmed one suspect did make entry into the Belmont Party Supply in Dayton Sunday morning before a man stopped them in the act at gunpoint.

One juvenile was arrested at the scene and taken to Juvenile Justice Center, said Sgt. Kyle B. Thomas of the Dayton Police Department.

It’s not clear yet if anything was taken from the store.

It’s not known if the suspect who fled the scene has been found. Detectives are currently investigating, said Thomas.

The man who held the suspects at gunpoint until police arrived also called the police and has not had any criminal charges filed against him, said Thomas.

Police were dispatched on a suspicious circumstance complaint outside the party supply store located at 2621 S. Smithville Rd. around 3 a.m., according to a Dayton police report.

The man had a pistol pointed at two males sitting on a curb in front of the business and one female sitting inside of a vehicle parked in front of it, the report stated.

When police arrived, they demanded the man put the gun on the ground.

“These guys were trying to rob this place,” the man told police while pointing the pistol at the alleged suspects.

The man then reportedly complied to officer’s orders and put the weapon on the ground. One male suspect fled the scene after the pistol was placed on the ground.

A K9 unit from Kettering was brought to the scene and attempted to track the male, according to the report.
Of course one of the suspects fled the scene after the cops showed up. He's not scared of the cops. He knows they aren't going to shoot him for running away.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: citizen with handgun stops alleged Dayton store burglars

Post by WhyNot »

''It’s not clear yet if anything was taken from the store.''

Perhaps toilet paper was taken. Most likely not the 1st thoughts to rob the store but once that metal (polymer? LoL) was pulled, became...how should I say...necessary perhaps?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: citizen with handgun stops alleged Dayton store burglars

Post by catfish86 »

I was working in a rehab facility for teen males. There was a current events bulletin board which the clients were assigned areas (weather, news, world events, etc) to keep updated. I encouraged one of them, after he brought it up, to start putting several articles on guys shot and killed during robberies to hopefully get it in these guy's heads what can happen. The upper management nixed the idea...btw that supervisor who put his foot on the idea was sent to prison when he was found in possession of a murder victim's credit card (a friend gave it to him).
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.