Homeowners confront man in their bed holding a hatchet

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Homeowners confront man in their bed holding a hatchet

Post by M-Quigley »

He was holding a hatchet (among other things) :shock:

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/po ... dyqzC01TJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The woman called for her husband to get the man out of the house. The homeowner then attempted to wake up the man to get him out of his house.

Because he was in fear for his life, the homeowner struck the man in the head with his handgun and a fight began, according to the report.

“Tim fought the defendant out of the bedroom, through the kitchen, and outside the house,” the police report states.
From a strictly tactical standpoint, I would not have wanted to get close enough to the guy to even be able to strike the man in the head with a handgun, even if he did have both hands occupied. :roll:
The homeowner chased McClain out of the house, and when McClain took “an offensive stance” and came at the homeowner, he fired one shot into the ground.

The suspect fled behind a rear detached garage and came back toward the residence. The homeowner then fired a shot into the ground, and the man ran away.

Police found McClain on the sidewalk in the 200 block of Young Street, bleeding from the head.
McClain was treated at a local hospital then booked into the Middletown Jail on charges. Bond was set at $450,000. His next court appearance is July 13, according to the Middletown Municipal Court.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Homeowners confront man in their bed holding a hatchet

Post by JustaShooter »

Maybe it's just me, but I'm taking a different approach - since he doesn't pose an immediate threat (and I'm old, fat & slow), the wife calls the police while I cover our retreat outside where we will direct the police to the intruder.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

JustaShooter wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I'm taking a different approach - since he doesn't pose an immediate threat (and I'm old, fat & slow), the wife calls the police while I cover our retreat outside where we will direct the police to the intruder.
'
Sounds like a much better, well thought out plan to me.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Update to story:

https://www.whio.com/news/man-describes ... IXzx4zKXN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Despite this explanation, I think it would've been a better idea to let the police handle it initially, while the guy was asleep, rather than try to wake the guy up.