Ohio CC holder shoots pit bull

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Ohio CC holder shoots pit bull

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.fox19.com/story/38516537/pit ... g-to-scene" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
COLLEGE HILL (FOX19) -

A man with a concealed carry license shot and killed a pit bull after the animal attack him and his dog as he walked his pet in College Hill Tuesday night, according to Cincinnati police.

Officers responded to Bobolink Drive about 10 p.m .

The extent of the man's injuries were not immediately clear.

HAPPENING NOW: This man’s pit bull was just shot by a CCW holder. That CCW holder told police the pit attacked him and his dog while they were on a walk. But the pitbull’s owner says that’s a lie
Owner of pit says he’s angry and sad that his family including his 6-year-old daughter watched their pit, Scooter, get shot in the head
OTOH
https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.s ... _afte.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The dog, reportedly a pit bull, was unleashed.

WLWT Channel 5 reports the dog's owner came outside but was unable to calm the dog, so the bite victim, a concealed-carry permit holder, shot the dog in the head.
I can certainly understand a dog owner being upset about losing their dog, but if the bolded is true, they can't reasonably expect the victims to just continue to allow themselves to be further injured or even killed. Responsible dog owners keep control over their dogs in some way.
Bruenor

Re: Ohio CC holder shoots pit bull

Post by Bruenor »

Pitbull owner at fault if the victim was on public property, and there's a certain possibility of a civil suit to follow I would think.

from cle.com article
The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment of his leg injuries, reports say.
I know we've discussed this topic before on these forums and I believe the consensus was that, legally you can't shoot someone elses dog for attacking your dog, but you can shoot their dog if it attacks you. If the guy went to the hospital for injury to his leg, I think he's got that requirement covered.

and to end on a lighter note, insert inappropriate joke here:
what's the difference between a pitbull humping your leg, and a poodle humping your leg ?
the pitbull gets to finish.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson