Gun groups prepare to file suit against Columbus, Cincinnati

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Gun groups prepare to file suit against Columbus, Cincin

Postby bignflnut » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 pm

A hearing about a possible permanent injunction will take place Oct. 22. If Ruehlman grants the permanent injunction, the ban will effectively be overturned.

A similar ban passed in Columbus was struck down in the courts earlier this month.

SNIP

In a 15-page motion with more than 100 pages of supporting material, the City of Cincinnati argued that a bump stock is a firearm accessory, not a component. The city also said Ohio's home rule laws for cities would be violated by overturning the ordinance.

The motion called gun violence an "infuriating crisis plaguing our country.

“The City of Cincinnati has had enough,” the motion states. “Rejecting chronic federal and state governmental inaction, the citizens of the [city], through their elected officials, have taken action.”
“A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
-Thomas Jefferson, 1774

Tweed Ring: "...we should have all done more to elected Republicans..." Agreed
bignflnut

Postby rickt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 am

The city of Columbus has filed an appeal with the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Postby Chuck » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 am

Cha-ching!

They love wasting taxpayers dollars
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Previous

Return to In The News