Concealed carrier defends against 3 robbers outside a grocer

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Concealed carrier defends against 3 robbers outside a grocer

Post by M-Quigley »

Three men accused of trying to rob a couple Friday afternoon as they walked to their car outside a DeKalb County Kroger were shot in the shopping center’s parking lot, police said.

The couple were inside the store at the Wesley Chapel Square shopping center when they were followed by the three men, DeKalb police spokeswoman Shiera Campbell said.

Police said the male victim exchanged gunfire with the alleged robbers, injuring them. One of the men checked into the hospital, and the other two were found at the scene and brought to the hospital by first responders, police said.

The couple was unharmed.
“There was a great risk of people being killed,” Campbell told Channel 2 Action News. “People are lucky that no one else was hit.”
The video goes to great lengths to talk about how many cars were accidentally struck by stray bullets, and how it could've been innocent bystanders, but it's possible all of the missed rounds could've been from the armed robber, since he fired at the victim and didn't hit him. The victim however hit all three.
Someone once told me that getting attacked or robbed by a group of people is like chewing gum in school. If you have to defend yourself against a gang, bring enough rounds for everyone. :roll:

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/bre ... UxSJ9y26H/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Concealed carrier defends against 3 robbers outside a gr

Post by qmti »

The snowflake crowd would have said "don't defend yourself and hurt the robbers, just give them what they want" after all their lives are worth just as much as yours. Sarcasm.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

So, the good guy connected with all three bad guys? Just a hunch but I bet the stray rounds were fired by the robbers.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:So, the good guy connected with all three bad guys? Just a hunch but I bet the stray rounds were fired by the robbers.
Anti-gun cultists would say that the victims should have been willing to give up their lives to protect those cars...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

An interesting comment to the effect of "no information as to why the victim was armed" speaks volumes to the news media's bias.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote:The snowflake crowd would have said "don't defend yourself and hurt the robbers, just give them what they want" after all their lives are worth just as much as yours. Sarcasm.
I wish it was just sarcasm, but I've actually personally heard that sentiment expressed by a couple of anti gunners, and I'm not just referring to money or property either. :( Of course the people who expressed that sentiment had no disagreement with someone calling 911 so armed cops could show up, even though those armed cops might end up having to shoot the criminals in the process of apprehending them. :roll:
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

catfish86 wrote:An interesting comment to the effect of "no information as to why the victim was armed" speaks volumes to the news media's bias.
What comment??
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

M-Quigley wrote:
“There was a great risk of people being killed,” Campbell told Channel 2 Action News. “People are lucky that no one else was hit.”
The video goes to great lengths to talk about how many cars were accidentally struck by stray bullets, and how it could've been innocent bystanders, but it's possible all of the missed rounds could've been from the armed robber, since he fired at the victim and didn't hit him. The victim however hit all three.
I wonder what folks who espouse this view have to say about events such as this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/nyre ... olice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

This may be fake news, but I heard an unsubstantiated rumor concerning who might be responsible for the bullets hitting the cars. This may allegedly be a mug shot of one of the defendants. If so, it would explain a lot. :wink:

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf4IGyPTHLo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :P
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio