knifeman fails two car jackings due to armed individuals

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

knifeman fails two car jackings due to armed individuals

Post by Bruenor »

If it weren't for bad luck this guy wouldn't have any at all. Thank goodness those people he tried to carjack had firearms.
https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/loca ... /767407786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A man was arrested Friday after he took a cash register drawer from the Walmart at River City Marketplace and then tried to carjack two people at knifepoint.
According to the report, Hill put the cash register in the Reardean's truck bed and pulled a knife, cutting Reardean on the hands and leg, the arrest report said.

"I was basically just doing this, trying to get the knife off me, and he's like, trying to pull me and he yanked my shirt and ripped it all up," Reardean said.

Reardean said to Action News Jax that he was able to grab his pistol from his truck and pointed it at Hill, who then ran away toward Starbucks.

Hill ran to the car of a woman who was in line at the Starbucks drive-through. She told police she rolled down her passenger's side window to see what he wanted and she said Hill opened her door and got into the car.

The woman said Hill told her to drive because someone was chasing him. She told police she tried to push him out of the vehicle and he would not get out. According to the report, she was in fear for her life, so she got out of her car to to get her Ruger pistol out of her trunk.

Hill got out of the car and came toward her. She said she pointed her pistol at him and he ran away.
Can't believe she kept hers in the trunk though.. probably not after this incident.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: knifeman fails two car jackings due to armed individuals

Post by TSiWRX »

Bruenor wrote: Can't believe she kept hers in the trunk though.. probably not after this incident.
^ Agreed

Neither defender really had their defensive weapon well-situated, and while all's well that ends well, I also hope they've learned valuable lessons.

Along these lines, the DUF incident that adf8585 was involved in saw him literally fighting for his life, physically, in his effort to get to his firearm, which had been stored in his vehicle's center console: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... e#p3998400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio