Another Ohio School district votes to arm Employees

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Another Ohio School district votes to arm Employees

Post by Bruenor »

Nice to see another school district acknowledging the facts.
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... tuscarawas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tuscarawas Valley Local Schools will soon allow some employees to carry guns on campus.
The Board of Education unanimously approved a resolution to arm employees at its meeting Monday. None of us are excited about the endeavor, yet it is a significant safety measure the Board has authorized.

Details of the district's Emergency Safety Plan are confidential, including specifics regarding individuals to be armed, training requirements, timeline, etc.

Constructive criticism noted and a valid point. edited title to reflect same.
Last edited by Bruenor on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
djthomas

Re: Another Ohio School district votes to arm teachers

Post by djthomas »

Not to nitpick but they didn't necessarily vote to arm teachers. They voted to arm certain employees. I'm aware of some discussions in a district where arming teachers is completely off the table due to optics and logistics, but arming certain staff members in non-teaching positions (e.g. custodians, administrators) is under consideration.
Brian D.

Re: Another Ohio School district votes to arm teachers

Post by Brian D. »

djthomas wrote:Not to nitpick but they didn't necessarily vote to arm teachers. They voted to arm certain employees.
I have tried to make this point with the pro-gun leaning talk radio hosts around here. Two have taken my point and changed from saying 'teachers' to 'school employees'.

But, it took speaking with them face to face in order to get that done. I have the time but not really the inclination to keep that up.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JEaton

Re: Another Ohio School district votes to arm Employees

Post by JEaton »

That makes about 25 here in Ohio which have went public.

And you are right, the media keeps saying teachers, but there has never been school which has limited the program to just teachers. And I only know of two who have specifically limited it to non-teacher positions.

Finding the right 'person' is much more important then finding the right 'position'

JLE