Gay Americans are arming themselves

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Gay Americans are arming themselves

Post by AlanM »

Gay Americans are arming themselves to stay alive
“I don’t want to get beaten to death, stabbed and burnt alive,” a slight woman with long blond hair and a checked shirt says. “I want a gun to feel equal.”

She is a member of one of the United States’ fastest-growing gun clubs, the jauntily named Pink Pistols.

Two years after the massacre at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub, gay, lesbian and transgender Americans are nervous. According to the Human Rights Center (HRC), a US LGBTI advocacy group, 52 gay people were murdered in the US last year because of their sexuality, and 28 transgender people met the same fate.

In increasing numbers, they are fighting back by taking up arms.

It’s brought them into lock step with pro-gun groups that haven’t, historically, been all that welcoming of gay people.
This NY Post article author seems to think that the Pink Pistols is a new organization.
There were a couple of member of the Pink Pistols at the very first Party In The Park, IIRC. Possibly the second one.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Gay Americans are arming themselves

Post by Mustang380gal »

Gay Americans are arming themselves to stay alive
It’s brought them into lock step with pro-gun groups that haven’t, historically, been all that welcoming of gay people.
So what does one's sexual inclinations have to do with firearms? Why would a pro-gun group care who one sleeps with?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Mustang380gal wrote:Gay Americans are arming themselves to stay alive
So what does one's sexual inclinations have to do with firearms? Why would a pro-gun group care who one sleeps with?
That's an oversimplification of the issue.
Pro RKBA groups often are rooted in the traditional American Philosophy that values the spiritual over the material world. Many pro RKBA groups rely on Natural Rights being granted not by government, but by the Creator of the Universe, having set immutable laws in creation (like gravity). When the identity of other groups is predicated on the renunciation of those immutable laws set in creation, there's a bit of tension. Relationships are a bit more holistic than whom/what one takes to bed.

It would be interesting to learn what authority the Pink Pistols finds responsible for their RKBA rights. The philosophical underpinnings of a group help determine how they project the truth to society, how they engage in debate, how they fight for justice, etc...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I recall a member of the Pink Pistols speaking at the Second Amendment March in DC, back in 2010. So this certainly isn't a new thing.
We are dedicated to the legal, safe, and responsible use of firearms for self-defense of the sexual-minority community. We no longer believe it is the right of those who hate and fear gay, lesbian, bi, trans, or polyamorous persons to use us as targets for their rage. Self-defense is our RIGHT.
Don't think they really care where the right came from, just that they should exercise the right to self defense.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I’ve been involved in concealed carry/NRA/Pro-2a for a long time. I must have missed the indoctrination session that only straight white folks can have and carry guns and “others” certainly can’t join the NRA.

Although if I was a Deep South Democrat in the 1950’s, I may have heard that lecture in some form or another. :shock:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Mr. Glock wrote:I’ve been involved in concealed carry/NRA/Pro-2a for a long time. I must have missed the indoctrination session that only straight white folks can have and carry guns and “others” certainly can’t join the NRA.
I must be among the few tokens, then? :lol: :P :lol:

-----

I met Jeff Bloovman at the Practically Tactical "Partner Shoot House" class at the Alliance PD facility last year. I didn't relate to him as gay/straight: to me, he was just another dude who liked guns. :D He's a great guy and I think a naturally talented instructor: although he wasn't serving in that role at the class, he gave me a very important golden-nugget in a way that's digestible to me and thus capable of being rapidly internalized.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

TSiWRX wrote:I met Jeff Bloovman at the Practically Tactical "Partner Shoot House" class at the Alliance PD facility last year. .
So is his hair as perfect in real life, as they always joke on the show ? :)
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Yes, yes it is.

Even at 2 AM in the morning after a 18 hour day.

I never got around to asking what products he used in his hair...my hair just won't do anything even remotely like that, so I didn't even bother. :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Mustang380gal wrote:So what does one's sexual inclinations have to do with firearms? Why would a pro-gun group care who one sleeps with?
They're a demonstrated victim group as proved by the Pulse Nightclub massacre.

The INCONTROVERTIBLE motivation for the massacre was Islamist homophobia.

So naturally, the anti-gun cult is telling gays that the problem isn't jihadis pushing gays off of buildings and shooting them, it's lawful gun owners.

It's a LIE and it must be exposed as a LIE.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

bignflnut wrote:
Mustang380gal wrote:Gay Americans are arming themselves to stay alive
That's an oversimplification of the issue.
Pro RKBA groups often are rooted in the traditional American Philosophy that values the spiritual over the material world. Many pro RKBA groups rely on Natural Rights being granted not by government, but by the Creator of the Universe, having set immutable laws in creation (like gravity). When the identity of other groups is predicated on the renunciation of those immutable laws set in creation, there's a bit of tension. Relationships are a bit more holistic than whom/what one takes to bed.

It would be interesting to learn what authority the Pink Pistols finds responsible for their RKBA rights. The philosophical underpinnings of a group help determine how they project the truth to society, how they engage in debate, how they fight for justice, etc...
Big, brother, I am not sure that most people think as deeply as that. The older I get the more I seem to find people think quite shallow. Some days I am happy that they think at all.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!