Men sue in OH to get CHL Fees & vehicle restrictions removed

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Men sue in OH to get CHL Fees & vehicle restrictions removed

Post by Bruenor »

http://www.guns.com/2018/05/23/ohio-men ... carry-law/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two men in the Buckeye State have filed a federal lawsuit over Ohio’s concealed carry laws, arguing it tramples on constitutional rights.

Plaintiffs Jeff Daly and Chris Jarvis filed their action Monday against Hamilton County Sheriff Jim Neil, the area prosecutor, and the commander of the local Ohio State Highway Patrol post over the state’s licensing process and fees and a law that prohibits the use of a firearm from a motor vehicle. The men argue the latter would open them to criminal charges in a self-defense encounter while in a vehicle and the former places illegal fees and conditions on the right to bear arms.
To show cause, both men attempted to get a free permit through Neil’s office on May 16 and were rejected, which they argue is a violation of the Second and 14th Amendments. In addition, Jarvis, who is disabled and wheelchair bound but has been assaulted and thrown from his chair on several occasions by criminals, sought to have the fee waived because he is indigent and on limited social security benefits. This was also denied.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Men sue in OH to get CHL Fees & vehicle restrictions rem

Post by WhyNot »

ahhh yes yes. A constitutional right. Such as one we all know so well ''abortion'', as created out of thin air by the courts, if not affordable to the indigent, or to whomever (not a phonetic play on womb ever), the state bares the cost of the bare flesh event. Or cost(s) if subsequent future lack of prophalaxis does what a lack of said ...does.

Soooo , if the good citizen is truly indigent or in the above ^^^ mentioned cases e.g. just claiming ''I have raaats'' ''feed me'' or whatever, then YES they should receive a free ''permit''

Shucks I've always wondered why no one has ever pressed the issue that if the good citizen suffered from only poverty, the state i.e. government should be compelled to provide them some type of firearm, if even a single shot shotgun...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good