As if you need another reason to carry- bat attack

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

As if you need another reason to carry- bat attack

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.fox19.com/story/38198624/pol ... n-with-bat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone informed me of this story, mentioned what he would do if he saw the guy breaking the car windows at the dealership. I advised him that IMO confronting the guy at the car dealership might not be a good idea legally. He is a CHL holder, not a cop or security guard. Now when the guy starts to become a threat to him or other innocent people, that's a different matter.
docachna

Re: As if you need another reason to carry- bat attack

Post by docachna »

Just don't forget what ultimately happened to the Chicago cop who shot an killed an urban yute who was swinging a baseball bat at him.............

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chica ... rier-copa/

Of course, the department and prosecutor cleared him. It wasn't until Rahm's citizens oversight board reopened the case that he got hung out to dry.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Lots of talk about it locally. Montgomery is pretty darn upscale, almost too nice for a Steak 'n' Shake.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I go to a different Steak 'n' Shake down here, usually for breakfast. Going to see what the employees there have to say. It's reported that the manager of the Montgomery store is going to make a full recovery, but I wonder about that. Head injuries from blunt trauma like this more often than not leave some amount of permanent damage. After seeing the behavior of the guy with the bat, I'm thinking the manager should not have gone outside to speak with him further. Not without taking something to defend himself with, anyway.

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:I go to a different Steak 'n' Shake down here, usually for breakfast. Going to see what the employees there have to say. It's reported that the manager of the Montgomery store is going to make a full recovery, but I wonder about that. Head injuries from blunt trauma like this more often than not leave some amount of permanent damage. After seeing the behavior of the guy with the bat, I'm thinking the manager should not have gone outside to speak with him further. Not without taking something to defend himself with, anyway.
A female relative of mine said the same thing, only her suggestion was a deep pan full of hot frying grease. :shock:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

So, here's a follow up, four plus months later. I'm at that Steak 'n' Shake right now, chatting with employees about the incident. The manager who was struck with the baseball bat is still in physical rehabilitation, not back to work. It has affected the operation of the restaurant; corporate won't hire a replacement, either out of loyalty (hmm) or cheapness. Meanwhile, the third shift kitchen crew got off work about 6:30, leaving the server by herself for half an hour. (Not counting me.)

This same young woman told me she couldn't understand how the manager fared so poorly in the confrontation, as he's almost 7 feet tall. Yeah, I'm giving her an education on the topic.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Meanwhile, I don't believe the perpetrator is currently in jail or otherwise institutionalized. Not sure about that, I will check further.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

He was apparently found incompetent to stand trial. So, he's not in the Hamilton County Graybar Hotel.
No idea where Devin is now.