Intuit - Card processing - Gunsite Academy

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Intuit - Card processing - Gunsite Academy

Post by Bruenor »

It seems Intuit is another that can be added to the list of don't do business with. Gunsite was using Intuit for Card processing and they decided they would no longer process transactions for Gunsite. Not a huge deal right ? You move to another processor.
Well that wasn't good enough for intuit. First they froze the card processing, then they froze the assets they had for transactions that had already been processed. Then they reversed the charges for all the assets they were currently holding to the tune of thousands of dollars. Thosde funds were for In store purchases of merchandise, online purchases of merchandise, Deposits for training classes not yet taken. Payment for Training classes that had already been taken, etc.
Gunsite had to spend a lot of man hours trying to figure out what all those payments were so they can re-invoice those customers, Time they will never get back. They had to go through the whole dance to get the customer to pay again for their services. of course some customers that are savy can simply look online and see the reversal of the charge, others will need to wait till their physical statement arrives to verify. Instore purchases have no contact info so they will simply loose out on that several thousand dollars of retail sales.

You can listen to the Interview during the first hour of the Gun Talk podcast.
https://guntalk.com/gun-talk-radio/guns ... ing-lasers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Re: Intuit - Card processing - Gunsite Academy

Post by Bruenor »

Intuit strikes again. Withholds $150,000.00 of Lone Wolf Distributors money destined for Flint River.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... ors-money/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The money was withdrawn from Lone Wolf’s account by Intuit within thirty minutes. In accordance with standard business practices, it should have been deposited into Flint River’s account with relative speed. Instead, there was no sign of a pending deposit. Instead Intuit abruptly terminated Flint River’s merchant account.

Thus began several days of Flint River contacting Intuit three and four times a day. Finally, after approximately fifteen phone calls – each of which they documented – Flint River’s accountant got someone on the phone who would answer some of their questions. The accountant called John Heikkinen into his office, put the woman on speaker phone, and waited to see what she’d say.

Intuit had decided they would no longer do business with firearms companies, she told them. Flint River’s QuickBooks merchant account had been closed down because they’re a firearms company. Their other Intuit-owned services would also be terminated.

Intuit continued to deny John’s request for documentation of the transfer being reversed. In fact, they refused to provide documentation of any kind.

Meanwhile $150,000 of Lone Wolf’s money was being held by Intuit.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

This is evil. :evil:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

If anyone refuses to pay for any goods or services already received, Intuit is guilty of facilitation of theft by fraud.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Re: Intuit - Reimburses Gunsite Academy

Post by Bruenor »

Looks to me like Intuit knows they went to far with returning funds to purchasers, and is looking to head off litigation.
https://nypost.com/2018/06/13/intuit-ag ... t-service/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“We spent untold man-hours recovering funds and hunting for a Second Amendment-friendly credit-card processor,” Campbell said. The offer of compensation, the amount of which was not disclosed, was made without any threat of litigation, Campbell added.

“They wanted us to educate them about the gun industries, and they said they were trying to comply with the requirements of their finance partner,” Campbell added.

“We have resolved the issue with them and made them whole,” said Rob Lanesey, Intuit’s chief communications officer. “That is all about the experience they went through.”
Doesn't make me dislike Intuit any less at this point.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Re: Intuit - Reimburses Gunsite Academy

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:Looks to me like Intuit knows they went to far with returning funds to purchasers, and is looking to head off litigation.
https://nypost.com/2018/06/13/intuit-ag ... t-service/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“We spent untold man-hours recovering funds and hunting for a Second Amendment-friendly credit-card processor,” Campbell said. The offer of compensation, the amount of which was not disclosed, was made without any threat of litigation, Campbell added.

“They wanted us to educate them about the gun industries, and they said they were trying to comply with the requirements of their finance partner,” Campbell added.

“We have resolved the issue with them and made them whole,” said Rob Lanesey, Intuit’s chief communications officer. “That is all about the experience they went through.”
Doesn't make me dislike Intuit any less at this point.
Likewise. I'm done with them.

Personally, I think they intended to harm Gunsite by reversing the charges.

If I were Gunsite, I'd still sue (and press for criminal fraud charges). By the time I was done recovering from Intuit, Gunsite would have its own zipcode.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.