Glock Glitch ?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SMMAssociates

Re: Glock Glitch ?

Post by SMMAssociates »

Many of the S&W M&P series semi's use a trigger in two pieces. A through-pin could (somehow) walk out and cause the bottom half of the trigger to fall away. The gun can still be fired, and the "doorstop" effect would be gone. My M&P guns have polymer triggers, and while none have failed in that way, it probably wouldn't do much to slow somebody down.

(Accuracy is a bit diminished :D , but....)

I imagine that the rat tail type safety in the Glocks would behave a little better if the rat tail was missing, IMHO, but the blue-hair types would freak if somebody suggested removing it. The M&P is simpler in that respect - one good whack with a hammer on a very small pin and it's gone. Overall handling kinda goes away, though. However, some Crazy Glue holding the bottom half of the trigger in place would take care of that. I suppose you could glue a rat tail in place, too.

Not recommended, but you can remove the nubbin on the frame that relies on the rat tail or half-trigger safeties with a Dremel (I only suggest using them for paint stirring :) ) and forget the whole thing, but that doesn't change anything in this discussion.

I would like that gadget somebody posted for the Glock on a couple of my M&P's. I think.... I need to think about it a bit.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Mr. Glock wrote: It would be a pretty exact science, to happen that way.
Hey, weirder things have happened on the range! :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

As of today I've spoken with four Glock armorers here in SW Ohio. They're all throwing the b.s. flag on this account of how the discharge happened. Responses ranged from " Virtually impossible" to "Are you (blank) ing kidding me?!"
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:As of today I've spoken with four Glock armorers here in SW Ohio. They're all throwing the b.s. flag on this account of how the discharge happened. Responses ranged from " Virtually impossible" to "Are you (blank) ing kidding me?!"

It's essentially a non-stressed part. Even the pins holding the breeches in on old Sigs, that directly deal with recoil forces, and are advised for replacement reoutinely, don't come out that often.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction