Glock Glitch ?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Suckerspawn

Glock Glitch ?

Post by Suckerspawn »

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/gl ... WUTSYKt0J/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
Brian D.

Re: Glock Glitch ?

Post by Brian D. »

I've never heard of that pin in the trigger "walking" itself out to the side. Not impossible, I suppose. It's normally in there pretty tight.

Frequent detail stripping/reassembly could exacerbate the potential. However, I see little need to break the gun down that far, unless new parts were being installed.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

The only times I've had any pins out of either of mine was to do some required upgrades on my used Glock 19, and to install 3.5lb connectors in it and my Glock 22, and to do the "$0.25 trigger job" on both. There's not much reason otherwise.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

When I saw that story I wondered if he might have an after market trigger.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I managed to break that pin in two pieces -- along with cracking the actual locking block also cleanly in two pieces. That allowed the pin to walk out, but just a bit. Pushed back in and kept shooting.

I shot at least 20 more rounds for sure with my Glock broken in this manner. Ran great and accuracy unchanged. That was 20 rounds that I knew for sure about... it's possible that in actuality it was more.

And this was 180gr, 1200fps 10mm in a Glock 29.

Actually broke the damn Glock but the Glock didn't agree and never slowed down.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Sevens wrote:I managed to break that pin in two pieces -- along with cracking the actual locking block also cleanly in two pieces. That allowed the pin to walk out, but just a bit. Pushed back in and kept shooting.

I shot at least 20 more rounds for sure with my Glock broken in this manner. Ran great and accuracy unchanged. That was 20 rounds that I knew for sure about... it's possible that in actuality it was more.

And this was 180gr, 1200fps 10mm in a Glock 29.

Actually broke the damn Glock but the Glock didn't agree and never slowed down.

Are you talking about the trigger safety dingus pin (as per OP) or locking block pin?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Yeah.....sincerely doubt it. If the pin had exposed itself, the tab should still be retained until it is over 1/2 of the way out. It's not exactly a stressed part, so I'm not buying it. I am buying a piece of foreign debris or a finger getting in their during a no-look reholster.

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/produ ... ol-device/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best Glock modification ever invented.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well jeep, that's their story and they're sticking to it. If it's a fun, someone was pretty creative.

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Someone asked me this question, IDK, but if the pin did work it's way halfway out of the trigger, and IF pressure was applied to that pin from outside (like a holster) wouldn't that be the same as trying to push the trigger body backwards without the blade safety being depressed anyway? Unless perhaps the blade is rotated someone by the side of the pin being pushed on it?

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've been asking people who have worked on many Glock handguns if they'd ever seen or heard of that pin walking itself loose. So far, all were aware of the story from West Carrollton, and were extremely dubious of this occurring as reported.

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ That's what I'd thought, too........

I dunno, I'm skeptical, as many here are - but having seen some really strange things in just the short amount of time I've been shooting, I'm willing to say that this one is "possible," even if it is just a freak occurrence, and regardless of how seemingly unlikely it is: at least until someone duplicates that pin displacement and physically proves/disproves it. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Oops

I thought we were talking about the locking block pin, sorry. My mistake.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

If the pin worked out far enough, then the trigger safety blade would fall out.

The way that safety works is that finger pressure moves the back of the safety blade into a position where it clears the frame and allows the trigger to be fully pressed to the rear. It is a mechanical block, in essence, like a door stop.

But, it could be possible that a high degree of force on a walked out pin could shift the trigger safety forward (on sort of an angle) and allow the trigger safety to pivot enough to clear thr frame. It would have to walk out far enough to let the safety move but not far enough to fall out.

Weird things can happen. But I am doubtful.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Mr. Glock wrote: But, it could be possible that a high degree of force on a walked out pin could shift the trigger safety forward (on sort of an angle) and allow the trigger safety to pivot enough to clear thr frame. It would have to walk out far enough to let the safety move but not far enough to fall out.
Ah... I "see" it, now. :) Thanks for painting that picture for me.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

TSiWRX wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote: But, it could be possible that a high degree of force on a walked out pin could shift the trigger safety forward (on sort of an angle) and allow the trigger safety to pivot enough to clear thr frame. It would have to walk out far enough to let the safety move but not far enough to fall out.
Ah... I "see" it, now. :) Thanks for painting that picture for me.
It would be a pretty exact science, to happen that way.