Anti-Gun Senator sentanced to 5 years for...!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Anti-Gun Senator sentanced to 5 years for...!

Post by JU-87 »

Hypocrisy defined...:roll: :lol:

Ex-Senator who called for gun control gets 5 years in prison for weapons trafficking
Former California Sen. Leland Yee was sentenced to five years in prison on Wednesday for accepting bribes and trafficking in arms.

Throughout Yee’s political career, he was a staunch gun control advocate, the Washington Post reported...

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/0 ... afficking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Brian D.

Re: Anti-Gun Senator sentanced to 5 years for...!

Post by Brian D. »

This case started a good while ago. I'm sure the verdict is being appealed, and meantime he may stay out of prison. "Some animals are more equal than others."
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

He was sentenced more than 2 years ago, when he was allowed to plead to a single count of racketeering. This over charges he agreed to illegally bring in guns worth over $2.5 million, among other charges. He got 5 years in exchange for his plea to the one racketeering count.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:"Some animals are more equal than others."
It's sad that this is the way the world works, and I really cannot believe that anyone with any sense at all cannot see the hypocrisy of the American rich/elite in their calls to limit firearms access to common, law-abiding citizens.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

And this to a guy who WAS dealing in Machine guns and rocket launchers.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

That's the kicker...these were not semi-auto "assault rifles", these were automatic weapons and literally rocket launchers. $2.5 million worth to be bought from a Muslim terrorist group and brought into the US. This guy is...wow...he should have gotten more than 5 years.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Time served.. Wonder how long till he will be running for office again.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/art ... 378045.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Former state Sen. Leland Yee leaves the Phillip Burton Federal Courthouse after receiving a five year prison sentence and a $20,000 fine in a federal bribery and corruption case in San Francisco, Calif. on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.

Former California senator Leland Yee was released from federal prison on Friday after serving a five-year sentence for a corruption scandal, officials said.

Yee, 71, was released from the Federal Correctional Institution, Big Spring, in Texas, according to a spokesperson for the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I wonder if he is still drawing a pension from the state or federal .gov
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

There's always the beloved muzzle loader that the HArdLeft touts, as the ONLY item the Second protects...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good