DGU- Brazil off duty officer shoots robber outside of school

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

DGU- Brazil off duty officer shoots robber outside of school

Post by Bruenor »

Guy tries to rob parents with children outside of school. Video of incident at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... other.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A bandit, dressed in a black jacket, casually walked up and announced it was a robbery while pointing a .38 revolver at the group of terrified mothers and small children.

The school, in the Jardim dos Ipês suburb of the city, was due to host a Mother's Day party.
Pulling her police issued weapon from her bag, she loads the gun then reacts with speed, stepping forward and firing off three rounds, shooting the assailant in the chest and leg as he tries to fire back.

The armed man falls backwards onto the zebra crossing and releases two shots in the process as he hits the ground. The first one ricochets off the ground hitting no one, and the second jams in the weapon.

Sastre quickly backs away out of the line of fire then goes over to the injured suspect who is rolling around on the ground in agony crying out for help. She kicks away his weapon before picking it up.

Sastre, who had gone to the event with her seven-year-old daughter, told colleagues: 'I didn't know if he was going to shoot the kids or the mothers or the security guard at the school door.

'I just thought about defending the mums, the children, my own life and my daughter's.'
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: DGU- Brazil off duty officer shoots robber outside of sc

Post by techmike »

That Mom/cop has a massive set of ovaries. What a heroine.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Sastre, who had gone to the event with her seven-year-old daughter, told colleagues: 'I didn't know if he was going to shoot the kids or the mothers or the security guard at the school door.
And where was the security guard? Was he armed? Hiding behind a car?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

São Paulo crime stats are interesting.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

What is a shame about this is that she had to load her weapon first.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

schmieg wrote:What is a shame about this is that she had to load her weapon first.
I noticed that. Such bureaucratic half-a$$ery is annoying wherever it is mandated.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.