Field & Stream Magazine - We have no relation to Dicks

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Field & Stream Magazine - We have no relation to Dicks

Post by Bruenor »

Wonder how many irate calls they've received since the big Dicks incident of 2018.
https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-an ... ting-goods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
we thought is was important to remind sportsmen that Field & Stream (the media brand) and Field and Stream (the sporting goods brand and retailer owned by Dick's Sporting Goods) are in no way connected. We understand how that could be confusing for many, but it is the truth. The two brands are owned by different companies and are in no way related.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: Field & Stream Magazine - We have no relation to Dicks

Post by M-Quigley »

If they are in no way connected, how is it that the Field and Stream retail is able to use the name?
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

M-Quigley wrote:If they are in no way connected, how is it that the Field and Stream retail is able to use the name?
Maybe because "and" is not the same as "&"?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
I am the expert on my opinion.
And no one else's.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

From what I've read elsewhere, the publishing name rights and the retail name licensing rights were split off and sold LONG ago.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Because they are not technically in the same business. You can have a McDonald's Book Store and McDonald's the restaurant can't do anything about it. One is a magazine and the other is a retail store.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Yes, Dick's Sporting Goods and Field and Stream retail stores, Dick-Stream for short, have no relation to the magazine.

And now we're seeing Dick-Stream being cut off by various vendors.

Personally, when Dick-Stream is finished, I'll feel much better.
MyWifeSaidYes
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

^^^^^^^ what he said
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor