Armed robbery stopped by armed citizen

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Armed robbery stopped by armed citizen

Post by Bruenor »

I don't think I would have done it like this guy did.. if you were not willing to pull the trigger you probably shouldn't have intervened in the first place. Not saying the answer is to go around shooting people, but this could have had a very different outcome.

http://www.worcesterma.gov/police/press ... ed-citizen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The robbery was in the area of Sterling and Seymour Streets. Fearing for the female’s safety, the citizen produced his own hand gun that he legally possessed and pointed it at Mr. Cintron. The citizen yelled at him to drop his weapon. At this time Mr. Cintron turned and pointed the weapon at the citizen and began walking towards him. The citizen yelled out several more times to drop the weapon and finally Mr. Cintron complied. The citizen ordered Mr. Cintron to the ground. Once on the ground the citizen placed a knee on his back in an effort to hold him down while the girlfriend called police. The citizen was able to slide Mr. Cintron’s weapon further away from the two in an effort to keep a safe distance.

While waiting for police to arrive, Mr. Cintron rolled over and began to struggle for control of the citizen’s gun. During the struggle, Mr. Cintron grabbed at the gun and a round was fired into the pavement. At this time Mr. Cintron was able to break free of the citizen’s hold and fled on foot.

Numerous police officers arrived at the scene and quickly searched the area for the suspect. After a brief search Mr. Cintron was apprehended on nearby Windham Street. Mr. Cintron was subsequently identified as the male that fled the scene.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Armed robbery stopped by armed citizen

Post by catfish86 »

The charges are interesting...Mr. Cintron was charged with Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, 2 counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, Assault and Battery, Armed Assault with Intent to Rob, Witness Intimidation, Possession of a Firearm without a LTC, Unlawful Carrying of a Loaded Firearm, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony.

There are laws in Massachusetts that you have to have an Firearm ID to possess ammunition, a Licences to Carry to possess a firearm, it is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm...none of that stopped the robbery...it was a citizen with a gun.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.