Anti-NRA Demonstrations At NRA Meeting?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

zeko

Anti-NRA Demonstrations At NRA Meeting?

Post by zeko »

We have heard for some time that there would be "large" anti-NRA demonstrations at the NRA meeting in Dallas, Texas . . . apparently one Dallas politician asked that the NRA be told to hold their meeting elsewhere. Yesterday evening (Friday) President Trump addressed the meeting, and a demonstration by "thousands" was promised.

I have been looking at likely mainstream sources (CNN, CBS, ABC, etc.) for news about such a demonstration and have come up empty. The most I have seen is an interview on local TV of ONE demonstrator who was against AR-15s because they were "violent". Has anyone else seen reports of a larger demonstration?

Zeko
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Anti-NRA Demonstrations At NRA Meeting?

Post by rickt »

Here's one article.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/guns/20 ... towndallas

There's no mention in the article about crowd size. At the very start of the video there is a one second view of the anti crowd. Possibly 100-200 people but very hard to say for sure.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

A friend of mine has been there since yesterday - granted, he's been inside for both days, but at least upon arrival and departure each day, he hasn't seen anything with the exception of a couple of "ad cars" going around.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
zeko

Post by zeko »

Thanks for the info . . . I saw on CBS News this evening that they had a demonstration this afternoon (maybe as many as we had at the Ohio Statehouse last month, maybe not). Looks like that Dallas politician was unnecessarily worried.

Zeko
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

NBC 4 in Columbus ran a live aerial feed of the anti NRA demonstration today on facebook. It was cut after a few minutes. Not sure why it was cut, but this screen shot shows a light turnout.

Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.