police officer wounded at Franklin Ohio police range

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

police officer wounded at Franklin Ohio police range

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.wlwt.com/article/police-offi ... e/20148970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t happened around 10:45 a.m. at a police shooting range in the 200 block of Baxter Drive.
Advertisement

According to Franklin police, an officer with the West Carrollton Police Department was using the range for a re-certification training. That officer shot himself in the leg while holstering the weapon, officials said.

He was transferred to Kettering Hospital where he's listed in stable condition.
TJW815

Re: police officer wounded at Franklin Ohio police range

Post by TJW815 »

If I remember correctly, in the Air Force, shooting yourself during qualification was a fail... Sure hope it’s the same for WCPD.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

At least it was himself and not some innocent bystander.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

It's too late to edit the OP, but I need to make a correction. The part where it says,
It happened around 10:45 a.m. at a police shooting range in the 200 block of Baxter Drive.

According to Franklin police, an officer with the West Carrollton Police Department was using the range for a re-certification training. That officer shot himself in the leg while holstering the weapon, officials said.

is a quote from the news link
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

M-Quigley wrote:It's too late to edit the OP, but I need to make a correction. The part where it says,
It happened around 10:45 a.m. at a police shooting range in the 200 block of Baxter Drive.

That's not a problem, M-Q. When we saw the proper capitalization and punctuation, we were pretty sure it wasn't you doing the typing.

:wink: :P
MyWifeSaidYes
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:It's too late to edit the OP, but I need to make a correction. The part where it says,

That's not a problem, M-Q. When we saw the proper capitalization and punctuation, we were pretty sure it wasn't you doing the typing.

:wink: :P
Oh, your (I mean you're) one of those. :wink: :P

I have a good excuse for my poor grammar. I blame it all on a ball player I once met in NY when I was a young boy. His grammar wasn't very good either. :)