Dicks sporting goods hires Gun control lobbyists

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Dicks sporting goods hires Gun control lobbyists

Post by qmti »

I love the Fin. They get my business whenever I'm up at Ashland.
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Springfield Armory announced they'll no longer be doing business with Dicks.
Link: http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/03/spr ... -lobbying/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.”
MKS (Hi Point) just did the same.
Link: http://www.guns.com/2018/05/09/more-gun ... ing-goods/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“In recent months, Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, have shown themselves, in our opinion, to be no friend of Americans’ Second Amendment,” said Charles Brown, MKS president. “We believe that refusing to sell long guns to adults under age 21, while many young adults in our military are not similarly restricted, is wrong. We believe that villainizing modern sporting rifles in response to pressure from uninformed, anti-gun voices is wrong. We believe that hiring lobbyists to oppose American citizens’ freedoms secured by the Second Amendment is wrong.”
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Add Mossberg to the list

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... ing-goods/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control.” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting http://www.mossberg.com/dealers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

deanimator wrote:I'd boycott Dick's, but it's so insanely difficult to get somebody to just take notice of your existence there, they've effectively boycotted ME.

I remember when K-Mart jumped into bed with Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell (it was a miracle there was room).

How'd that work out for K-Mart...?
The local K-Mart closed and last year Rural King took over the store space. Rural King has a well stocked gun counter :D and has become our favorite store.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Waiting for Dick's to bellow for some government bailout...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

On a related note, I read last night that the California Teachers Union Pension Fund is going to start putting pressure on the companies it invests in to not sell guns that are banned in California. Pressure will include attempting to replace entire boards of directors in intransigent companies. That is the largest pension fund in the country, so it might have some impact.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
wls

Post by wls »

I just went to my local Dick’s, asked for the manager and had her cancel my Dick’s Score card, take me off their mailing list and told her I was no longer doing business with them. I was polite, as was she, and explained that I would not do business with an organization that hired lobbyists to try to destroy something I have a passion for.

No more Dick’s!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

wls wrote:I just went to my local Dick’s, asked for the manager and had her cancel my Dick’s Score card, take me off their mailing list and told her I was no longer doing business with them. I was polite, as was she, and explained that I would not do business with an organization that hired lobbyists to try to destroy something I have a passion for.

No more Dick’s!
forgot I had one of those once, haven't use d int in so long. which means it's still in their system tied to my phone number. Looks like I'll need to drop in and do the same. Thanks for the reminder.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

OhioPaints wrote:
deanimator wrote:I'd boycott Dick's, but it's so insanely difficult to get somebody to just take notice of your existence there, they've effectively boycotted ME.

I remember when K-Mart jumped into bed with Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell (it was a miracle there was room).

How'd that work out for K-Mart...?
The local K-Mart closed and last year Rural King took over the store space. Rural King has a well stocked gun counter :D and has become our favorite store.
Unfortunately, the closest Rural King that sells guns is a LOOONG way away.

I'm better off going to Fin, Feather Fur.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
drc

Post by drc »

The fallout continues as firearm businesses terminate their relationships with DIcks

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/11/di ... -push.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.
Keep stepping on Dick's.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.