Man tased to death in shower by police doing welfare check

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Man tased to death in shower by police doing welfare check

Post by Bruenor »

If I were in my shower and police broke into my home and tazed me in my shower I think I would have fought back as well.. I usually enjoy a good taser video, but this is beyond the pale. If you go out on a welfare check does it actually require you to break into peoples home and forcibly subdue them ? or are the policies of this department a bit out of whack ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -died.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Disturbing video has emerged showing police officers in Wisconsin shocking a mentally ill man with a Taser 18 times while he was naked in the shower just moments before he died.

Body cam footage shows three West Milwaukee police officers forcibly enter the apartment of 22-year-old Adam Trammell after they got no response.

On May 25, 2017, officers went to his home to do a welfare check after a neighbor called 911 and told them about a man named 'Brandon' was standing naked in a hallway, was threatening to hurt himself and appeared to be having a mental breakdown.

The footage shows the officers bust open the door and enter Trammell's bathroom, where he is standing naked in the shower.
Less than an hour after he was tased, Trammell was pronounced dead upon arrival in the emergency room.

The officers won't face charges because prosecutors found no link between his death and their actions.

Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said in an April 19 letter that officers 'did not violate the law' when they responded to a medical emergency last year 'under complex circumstances.'

Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm announced this week that the officers won't face discipline

An autopsy says the cause of death was 'excited delirium' and the manner 'undetermined.'
Milwaukee ... is this the same department that shoots 911 callers ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
AlanM

Re: Man tased to death in shower by police doing welfare che

Post by AlanM »

Bruenor wrote: Milwaukee ... is this the same department that shoots 911 callers ?
Cue the polack jokes.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Every person in the DA's office, every single LEO Union rep supporting these officers, every single LEO involved should have their name and picture spread far and wide. Let them be shunned, ostracized, and ignored. Refuse do do business with or for them. Refuse to serve them if you own a business and they come in. Refuse to interact with them in any way.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

This is the same department that was called when one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims escaped by two ladies in the street, they then apprehended the naked, bleeding 14 year old boy and returned him to Jeffrey Dahmer. They later found the guy's genitals in a jar.

The coroner should have his medical license revoked. How can he conclude the officers' actions had no bearing on this victim's death? If I were a voter, I would vote against every incumbent in office to clean out the nest.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.