Would you Rather?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Would you Rather?

Post by bignflnut »

In a world of imperfect binary options (or so we're told every election cycle), I submit the following options:

A) A man fitting the description after a Man With A Gun (MWAG not MAGA) call comes in is "arrested", despite being unarmed and somewhat cooperative.

B) A man having driven a vehicle through a crowd killing 10, is pointing a gun and asking to be shot (despite the lack of alarmed passers by).

But seriously...
Here's the story of a couple who try to protect their 13 year old daughter:
“Why wouldn’t the police come and help me catch the predator that just came to my f***ing house,” the mother continued in the video. “I’m so glad that I got my daughter’s phone and saw a message that she didn’t.”

The mother claims she asked police to investigate the man six weeks ago, when she discovered explicit messages sent to her daughter’s Instagram account. She said police told her to block the man and forget it.

Frustrated by the response, she set up the meeting. The mother said she asked police to be present during the ambush, but claims authorities would not help.

The mother and stepfather admit to restraining and interrogating the man. The stepfather said he is an acquaintance of the family.

RCMP Cpl. Amelia Hayden said a child luring investigation was opened in March.

"The police had directed her not to take matters into her own hands,” she said. “We still do have an active and ongoing investigation on the matter.”

Hayden said vigilante actions are not only illegal; they also put people in danger and have the potential to compromise the original investigation.

“It hasn't resolved one issue. It's caused another, and put people in danger,” she said.

RCMP said the parents may now be charged with assault causing bodily harm and forcible confinement.

Both are convinced their actions were justified.

“If I get charged, I still feel it was the right thing,” the mother said.

“This is ridiculous,” said the stepfather. “Shouldn’t a guy be able to protect his own family in his house?”
Sure, the "To Catch a Predator" vibe being this strong...I don't think calling him to the house was wise, but it does give the couple the whole, in HIS HOUSE defense line...

Just some random examples of how upside down the world seems to be right now...where the innocent finds the hook very quickly and the not=so-innocent is given multiple opportunities.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Would you Rather?

Post by TSiWRX »

The glib part of me says "invite a vampire into your own house and all...... :P "

The serious side of me says that same thing as you, though, bignflnut. Things like this make me :x
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
M-Quigley

Re: Would you Rather?

Post by M-Quigley »

That's Canada for you. :roll:

b.t.w., in option B, the guy was pointing a cell phone, and at the distance the cop was at, he might've seen it was a cell phone, so that may have been a factor in why he didn't shoot.