911 operator convicted of hanging up on thousands of calls

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

911 operator convicted of hanging up on thousands of calls

Post by M-Quigley »

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/nation-w ... 04-20-2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone ever see or heard an anti gunner say something to the effect of you don't need a gun, you just need to call 911? Apparently that didn't work so well in the Houston area sometimes. :roll:

I doubt this would've ever happened in the Cincinnati area. The last two times I called 911 was in the Cincy area, and never got through to a live person. They never called me or my wife back either. Thankfully it wasn't a life threatening emergency like a shooting or someone dying of a medical emergency.
Prosecutors say she worked as a 911 operator for a year and a half, ending in 2016. Records showed that thousands of calls lasting less than 20 seconds were attributed to her hanging up.

Calls varied from reports of robberies and homicides to reports of speeding vehicles.

Williams told investigators she often hung up because she didn't want to talk to anyone at those times.