NY takes down another gun owner.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

NY takes down another gun owner.

Post by Bruenor »

Looks like his whole trouble may have started by having a revolver on him that wasn't registered during a traffic stop ?
Aside from that his collection looks pretty normal. Lots of firearms that used to be legal in NY state but no longer are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -guns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Drabman had a prior arrest in September 2017 on felony gun charges.

Police say they found him in possession of an illegal .357-caliber handgun during a traffic stop.

He was free on a $15,000 cash bond pending the resolution of that case.

The raid on his home developed after cops in Brooklyn's 81st Precinct received a tip that Drabman might have illegal weapons
It's unclear exactly what violation made it illegal for Drabman to possess any of the weapons, though many of them appear to be illegal for any New York resident to own.

Drabman was charged with 72 counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, as well as 30 counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, seven counts of first-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

He was also charged with one count each of unlawful possession of an ammunition feed device and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, police said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: NY takes down another gun owner.

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Agreed.

I'd like to see more details as this case goes on, but I doubt that the media will maintain their interest. Hopefully one of the gun-interest outlets will pick it up?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Those big brass cops sure look proud standing by the table like they were the ones that did all the footwork, investigating and actual carrying out of the warrant.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Wondering what I would have done if I was in that guy's position back when a lot of those firearms were about to become illegal to possess in his state of residence. Doing nothing turned into sitting in jail with no bail and on the fast track to spending the rest of his life in prison. "From my cold, dead hands" option gives the anti's the headlines they need to push their agenda and you ain't around anymore. Any option is going to cost you something and it should not be that way. :(
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

kcclark wrote:Wondering what I would have done if I was in that guy's position back when a lot of those firearms were about to become illegal to possess in his state of residence. Doing nothing turned into sitting in jail with no bail and on the fast track to spending the rest of his life in prison. "From my cold, dead hands" option gives the anti's the headlines they need to push their agenda and you ain't around anymore. Any option is going to cost you something and it should not be that way. :(

Moved to a free state.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Two things strike me...

One, all of those idiot cops took the time to put on their dress uniforms to pose for those pictures like they had taken down and drug cartel kingpin.

Second, AFTER seizing the man, his guns and throwing him in prison, they are "investigating" whether he had any plans for violence.

Yet the governor and his ilk like to say nobody wants to take all of your guns away.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.