R Lee Ermey dead at 74 :(

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

R Lee Ermey dead at 74 :(

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ge-74.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: R Lee Ermey dead at 74 :(

Post by TSiWRX »

Rest in Peace. :cry:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Definitely gone too soon. He was a great 2nd Amendment spokesman who had a very wide appeal.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

One of the reports is false or, like a true Marine, he just refused to quit.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

They changed that link since you posted it and since I previously looked at it. Now, he's dead.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

R.I.P. Gunny :(
Black Rifles Matter
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I know he was in a lot of movies but the role I remember him best for was his appearances in TV commercials. I'm not just talking about the Glock commercials either, although they were good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwfZYO1di4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

No, seriously-- are you honestly telling me that you remember him best not for his role in Full Metal Jacket? Because I find that excruciatingly difficult to believe.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Sevens wrote:No, seriously-- are you honestly telling me that you remember him best not for his role in Full Metal Jacket? Because I find that excruciatingly difficult to believe.
Well obviously his most famous and memorable role was in FMJ. If he hadn't been famous for FMJ the commercial role wouldn't have had any meaning or context. I guess I mean I liked the Geico commercial the best. I prefer comedies to tragedies, and FMJ was no comedy, nor was it intended to be. I don't watch it often but when I do I like it, which is rare for me to say about any commercials. I like the Glock commercials to, just not as much. Of those I like the "wrong convenience store" the best because I know of a real life incident that was extremely similar with someone I used to work for. I wasn't at work that shift but I got to watch the surveillance footage later. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugyXiubzf7o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition, the Geico commercial skit seemed to have a ring of truth to it, something I could relate to after seeing or listening to some whiny crying snowflakes recently over the years. It is probably what I would've felt like saying and doing had I been sitting in the chair and listening to that.