OVI Checkpoint in Lima, OH

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Bear with me heard on radio and typing on the move

OVI checkpoint,. Lima OH tonite on SR309 (Elida Rd?) between Cole and Robb Ave. I think it starts at 8

Anyways if youre on Lima at that time, now u know

I predict the following,. around 600 people will be stoped, and 2-3 will be caught. This is based on other OVeyes in V Wert, Wapak and other regional areas.

Isnt that a good trade for ''safety'' and ''security''?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OVI Checkpoint in Lima, OH

Post by WY_Not »

Get a bunch of people to go through, turn around, go back through, rinse and repeat over and over. Clog it up and waste as much of their time as possible. Do the absolute minimum required to comply.

Or take up a position prior to the stupidity and warn motorists approaching and get them to go around.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Or use Allentown and Cable & avoid the whole OVI kabuki theater. :roll:

Plus there's not that many drinking establishments other than possibly a few restaurants in that area and all of those are west of the checkpoint coordinates.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Yes back to the big screen LoL. I have a previous post on this, C&P from then;

WhyNot » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:35 am
ahh yes yes. Checkpoints. Easier just to cut & paste from my previous post re: Cincinnati OVEyes...

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:31 am
It's legal here now but was very popular with the the political officers in Russia starting 45 years ago and remains popular in the politboro to this day. They didn't camouflage it all, they call it a checkpoint, and wanted to see your papers, query as to your business, stare at your stuff.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I've actually tried on a few occasions to get stopped at one of these. Haven't had any luck yet.

I'd inform as required and present CHL and ID. Beyond that, "Nunya" and "Am I free to go" are the only things coming out of my mouth. :evil:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

WY_Not wrote:Get a bunch of people to go through, turn around, go back through, rinse and repeat over and over. Clog it up and waste as much of their time as possible. Do the absolute minimum required to comply.
I expect that after the second or third go-round, they'd just start waving you through. Or, if they were feeling froggy, they'd go the other way and try to drop an obstruction citation on you.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.