Sheriff Youngblood: Cheaper To Kill Than Wound Suspects

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Sheriff Youngblood: Cheaper To Kill Than Wound Suspects

Post by bignflnut »

A twelve-year-old video has surfaced showing Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood saying that it is better to kill suspects than wound them because it is a cheaper for the county to just pay off the families for a death. Since Kern County had one of the highest (if not the highest) per capita shooting rates in the country for police departments, the words were particularly chilling.

In the one-minute clip released Monday by the Kern County Detention Officers Association, shows Youngblood saying “There’s a good reason for that: millions and millions of dollars.” In addressing inmate costs, Youngblood asks the audience: “Which way do you think is better financially? To cripple them or kill them, for the county?” An audience member says”Kill them” and Youngblood says “Absolutely, because if we cripple them we get to take care of them for life, and that cost goes way up.”
Is this where the voters thank the Sheriff for his fiscal conservatism?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Re: Sheriff Youngblood: Cheaper To Kill Than Wound Suspects

Post by Brian D. »

Kern County, where? Just wondering, it ain't one of Ohio's 88.

While what he said may have been blunt, it wasn't untruthful. Someone in the comments there made a comparison to the sense of relief expressed when a loved one stops suffering, and causing much suffering to the family, when they succumb to the ravages of Alzheimer's/dementia. So when I state "I'm glad my dad died when he did" (he did indeed succumb to dementia), and someone takes that out of context in just the right way, I sound like a monster.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

California, if you can imagine...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

bignflnut wrote:California, if you can imagine...
Given the shooting and ramming attacks on Emma Hernandez, Margie Carranza and David Perdue during the Dorner debacle, I can imagine it very easily.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

When I lived in central PA, a sheriff got voted out. Electorate was unhappy because they were having to cough up $ to pay for lawyers for a bad guy they believed the sheriff should not have taken alive.