Gun vs Mini baseball bat - Your school defended

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Gun vs Mini baseball bat - Your school defended

Post by Bruenor »

Better than nothing, but not what I'd want to use.

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.s ... ict_g.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A school district has given souvenir-style baseball bats to its teachers in what it is describing as a 'last resort' measure in defense against a gunman, reports say.

Millcreek School District Superintendent William Hall tells goerie.com that teachers are not expected to confront a gunman with the 16-inch bat. Instead, the district hopes the bats remind teachers to fight back if necessary.

"The bats are more symbolic than anything," Hall says. "However, we do want to have one consistent tool to have at somebody's disposal in a classroom in the event they have to fight."
The bats will be locked up in each classroom, reports say.
I did hear one pennsylvanian in an interview with Tom Gresham this past weekend, discussing legislation he is pushing in PA to allow teachers to carry, using a program similar to FASTER. They have managed to get the legislation through the PA senate, and it's currently in the PA House education committee. I wish him the best of luck.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Gun vs Mini baseball bat - Your school defended

Post by Javelin Man »

I'd feel perfectly safe with a baseball bat at my disposal! And everyone knows students won't get to it and swing it around in jest, or a game, or in anger. :roll:

We had an active shooter drill a couple weeks ago at our school and fortunately we weren't playing in the band room or we wouldn't have heard the announcement. One of the first rooms he went to was the band room and he jerked on the door. The kids just looked at me as I was standing there with the fire extinguisher ready to give him a dose of CO2 or hit him over the head. After the drill we talked and the kids all said they would have felt comfortable with me carrying a gun in the classroom. And safe, too.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

The sheer absurdity of this alone is grounds for hilarious laughter. And then we come this gem:
The bats will be locked up in each classroom, reports say.
:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I am astonished at the silliness the anti's will engage in to avoid actual solutions to the problem.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
drc

Post by drc »

I am astonished at the silliness the anti's will engage in to avoid actual solutions to the problem.
It is my belief that their brains do not work in a logical fashion.

I have some family members that lean towards the L side of the of Liberal/Conservative dash panel gauge. To hear some of what they have to say about all kinds of stuff (in daily life situations) just makes me shake my head and wonder why they haven't gotten a Darwin Award yet.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Just wait until the UK moves against these miniature bats as lethal weapons.

Logic. :roll:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Sticks....we're locking up sticks.
(A teacher buddy of mine said that he'd arrive in class with the announcement that he was there to "spit seeds and swat dingers, and I'm all out of seeds")

Reaping what we have sown.
Rejecting reason and logic, the wisdom of the world being made foolish in the face of that which will not be mocked.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

bignflnut wrote:Sticks....we're locking up sticks.
London's mayor would be proud.