SC congressman pulls out gun to make point about violence

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

SC congressman pulls out gun to make point about violence

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/congressman-pu ... ZA7A11TwK/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I understand the point he was making, and I support and agree with that point. I just don't think I would've make it in that way. I generally believe the best thing in public is to keep carry guns holstered unless you actually need to use them.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: SC congressman pulls out gun to make point about violenc

Post by qmti »

M-Quigley wrote:http://www.whio.com/news/congressman-pu ... ZA7A11TwK/

I understand the point he was making, and I support and agree with that point. I just don't think I would've make it in that way. I generally believe the best thing in public is to keep carry guns holstered unless you actually need to use them.
Agreed, I think he could have gone about it a little better.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

How does one define "brandishing"?
But then, don't we allow government officials to do this regularly without consequence, not that I would advise common citizens to brandish.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

bignflnut wrote:How does one define "brandishing"?
But then, don't we allow government officials to do this regularly without consequence, not that I would advise common citizens to brandish.
Senator Feinstein does it all the time. Sweeping the crowd with her finger on the trigger - there are videos of it.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788