Active Shooter at YouTube

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: Active Shooter at YouTube

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
So far I haven't found any politicians, celebrities, so called news organizations, etc, blaming the gun or the NRA.
Here you go.
That's why I prefaced it with "yet". I knew it was coming. The anti gun crowd either reacts before all the facts are in, or just ignores them in place of an illogical emotional response.

Perhaps it's just my misperception, but it seems the anti gunners are more publically profane than in the past, particularly the younger ones like David Hogg, more quick to place extreme inflammitory labels on whoever attempts to challenge their opinions. They don't choose to debate or get questioned by a reporter who might actually ask them valid questions. They merely reply to challenges to what they say with useless phrases like "I call BS" "blood on their hands", or "F this" or "F that". :roll:
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

YouTube shooting already being swept under the rug - does not fit the narrative. STORY

"An AR-15 ban won't stop handgun-wielding vegans" that had a legally purchased and registered handgun in California.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M-Quigley wrote:
Perhaps it's just my misperception, but it seems the anti gunners are more publically profane than in the past, particularly the younger ones like David Hogg, more quick to place extreme inflammitory labels on whoever attempts to challenge their opinions. They don't choose to debate or get questioned by a reporter who might actually ask them valid questions. They merely reply to challenges to what they say with useless phrases like "I call BS" "blood on their hands", or "F this" or "F that". :roll:
Right. There is no respect given to anyone outside of their position. Watch Hogg call people vulgar and dehumanizing terms. It's all a about discrediting and demonizing , shouting down opposition. It's an aggressive, uncivil and tribalistic course of action to demand power. Yes, from the "tolerance police". They don't have an argument, so they shout opposition down. Then cry about clear backpacks.

The teenagers say what the politicians really think, and get away with it because we expect vulgarity from teens. Don't think for a second that Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, McCain or any of the other political opponents speak well of us. They are simply more careful when they know they're being recorded (and they have some amount of power to retain, unlike Hogg, Inc.)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

What was sort of funny but not really was watching David Hogg make all sorts of nasty comments about NRA members caring more about gun money than the blood of children then when the NRA says nobody would even know his name had the shooting not happened responds on Fox saying of course the NRA is attacking him personally because they can't beat his logical arguments.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The woman who shot three people and killed herself at YouTube’s San Bruno headquarters bought the handgun she used in January — apparently the first firearm she’d owned, authorities said Thursday.

Nasim Aghdam, 39, legally bought the 9mm Smith & Wesson semiautomatic pistol on Jan. 16 from a gun dealer in San Diego, where she lived, said San Bruno police Cmdr. Geoff Caldwell. He declined to identify the dealer.

Caldwell said Aghdam, an animal rights advocate and YouTube video maker who according to investigators and family members was angry at the video-sharing service long before Tuesday’s shooting, also bought at least two ammunition magazines.
NICS didn't stop it. Mag limits didn't stop it.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

bignflnut wrote:
The woman who shot three people and killed herself at YouTube’s San Bruno headquarters bought the handgun she used in January — apparently the first firearm she’d owned, authorities said Thursday.

Nasim Aghdam, 39, legally bought the 9mm Smith & Wesson semiautomatic pistol on Jan. 16 from a gun dealer in San Diego, where she lived, said San Bruno police Cmdr. Geoff Caldwell. He declined to identify the dealer.

Caldwell said Aghdam, an animal rights advocate and YouTube video maker who according to investigators and family members was angry at the video-sharing service long before Tuesday’s shooting, also bought at least two ammunition magazines.
Kalifornia so the 10 day waiting/cooling off period didn't have any effect either.
nor the restrictive roster of handguns approved for sale
Or the required Certificate to purchase a handgun (Like a FOID card)
or firearm registration
Red Flag law ( ERPO ) didn't stop it either..

Did I forget any other laws CA has ?

afaik there's still no blood test for crazy
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

You left out a couple of basics... Trespassing and attempted murder.
Bruenor wrote:
bignflnut wrote:

Kalifornia so the 10 day waiting/cooling off period didn't have any effect either.
nor the restrictive roster of handguns approved for sale
Or the required Certificate to purchase a handgun (Like a FOID card)
or firearm registration
Red Flag law ( ERPO ) didn't stop it either..

Did I forget any other laws CA has ?

afaik there's still no blood test for crazy
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.