Fl students asked for fewer rights & got fewer rights

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Fl students asked for fewer rights & got fewer rights

Post by AlanM »

FL Students Who Begged Gov’t to Take Their Rights Away, Now Angry Gov’t Took Away Their Rights
Young Americans across the country marched to demand less freedom from their rulers and the mainstream media, celebrities, and politicians alike shoved this down our throats as some grassroots heroic political activism. However, it was the opposite, and now even the cheerleaders of this movement, David Hogg, Emma González, et. al., are beginning to realize what happens when you beg the state to take away your rights. They take away your rights.

On Friday, the Broward County School system announced its plan to violate the students’ right to privacy be implementing a clear backpack policy.

“Clear backpacks are the only backpacks that will be permitted on campus,” said Broward County School Superintendent Robert Runcie said in a letter sent to parents.

Now, all students will have to allow anyone at anytime to view the contents of their backpacks as well as wear IDs so they can be properly identified by school authorities.
Even before I read it in the article I realized that there are things that some teens are carrying (legal and necessary) that they don't want others to know about.
Remember the TV ad where the male teacher tells a girl, "I hope you brought enough for everyone" and her answer was, "Enough for the girls."?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUoXGr26_Rs
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Fl students asked for fewer rights & got fewer rights

Post by qmti »

I'm sure that you'll see more baggy clothes with pockets being worn to hid certain items the girls don't won't people to see. If that happens??? See thru clothes will come next.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

qmti wrote:I'm sure that you'll see more baggy clothes with pockets being worn to hid certain items the girls don't won't people to see. If that happens??? See thru clothes will come next.
School uniforms. Back in middle school I went to a private school and had to wear uniforms. The pants had very small pockets in the front and back, they were purposely done that way so kids couldn't hide anything.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

DOA33 wrote:
qmti wrote:I'm sure that you'll see more baggy clothes with pockets being worn to hid certain items the girls don't won't people to see. If that happens??? See thru clothes will come next.
School uniforms. Back in middle school I went to a private school and had to wear uniforms. The pants had very small pockets in the front and back, they were purposely done that way so kids couldn't hide anything.
Your right. When I went to Catholic school back in the 50/60's I wore blue pants and white shirt. But trying to enforce a dress code like that in a public school would be impossible these days.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

qmti wrote:But trying to enforce a dress code like that in a public school would be impossible these days.
If it saves just one life it's worth it.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Reminds me of this video which was done to promote school uniforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epeo8Pfm1xM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could he actually walk with all that? If so, wouldn't he clank?
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Today when I walk into school I will be greeted with armed police, wand detectors and clear backpacks.

Is this what my high school experience is going to be like? 3 more years of this…

Someday when my kids ask me about my high school experience what am I going to tell them?

— Lauren Hogg (@lauren_hoggs) April 2, 2018
You asked for it. You got it.
My new backpack is almost as transparent as the NRA’s agenda.

I feel sooo safe now.

As much as I appreciate the effort we as a country need to focus on the real issue instead of turning our schools into prisons.
— Lauren Hogg (@lauren_hoggs) April 2, 2018
Who NEEDS a backpack anyway? Damn that backpack lobby/culture!
Who has all the guns in a prison?
I agree. Give all non-students the ability to be legally and physically armed that has the desire.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798