Sheriff Candidate says "Yer Cold dead hands? Hold my beer"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Sheriff Candidate says "Yer Cold dead hands? Hold my beer"

Post by bignflnut »

R. Daryl Fisher is a candidate for sheriff in Buncombe County North Carolina.

Daryl Fisher is a Democrat.

Daryl is running on the simple platform of “Justice for All.”
Daryl Fisher also says he will kill citizens of his county if they don’t turn over their guns.

In a recent speech Fisher, a Democrat, suggested killing people if they don’t turn over their guns.

Daryl Fisher: Any weapon that is designed for use by the military I think we should ban. You’ve heard people say you have to pry my gun from my cold dead hands. (shrugs) OK.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Sheriff Candidate says "Yer Cold dead hands? Hold my bee

Post by Javelin Man »

I don't see many of his deputies following him into that battle.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Ain't that the funny part?

Officer Safety being supreme these days, can anyone imagine rank and file officers actually doing door to door confiscations?
Parkland officers were scared of a teenager with a jamming rifle...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Face

Post by Face »

I wonder if NC Sheriff's have an oath to support the constitution?

FWIW - seem to be a lot of people who have sworn to protect their interpretation or pick and choose which part to support.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I wonder how many guns HE owns?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Hopefully the county has enough sense to vote that traitor out in the next election.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

He should rent "Michael Collins" and "Defiance".

Things weren't always beer and skittles for the Black & Tans and the Einsatzgruppen.

I'm your huckleberry.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I just saw a Georgia legislator tie herself into knots trying to avoid answering Tucker Carlson's questions about whether she was willing to kill people to get their so-called "assault weapons".
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

You want them? Don’t send your minions alone, lead from the front!

It is mighty easy to say those things when you are sitting in your comfortable office, letting subordinates do the dirty work. (this applies to all leadership in a wide variety of situations). This guy reminds me a bit of the amazing leadership in Broward County.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Buncombe County is Asheville NC. Some residents there fancy the city as an eastern U.S. version of San Fransissyco, uh, San Francisco.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Chuck wrote:I wonder how many guns HE owns?

Page 7:
https://ncsheriffs.org/wp-content/uploa ... 152014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oaths of Office for Sheriffs
At the time of their swearing in, newly elected sheriffs must take three different oaths of office.
a. The first oath is required by Article VI, § 7 of the North Carolina Constitution.
“I, _________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and maintain
the Constitution and the laws of the United States, and the Constitution and laws of North
Carolina not inconsistent therewith, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of my
office as Sheriff of ______________ County, so help me God.”
b. The second oath is required by N.C. Gen. Stat. § 11-7 and applies to every person elected or
appointed to office in North Carolina.
“I, _________________, do solemnly and sincerely swear that I will support the
Constitution of the United States; that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the
State of North Carolina, and to the constitutional powers and authorities which are or
may be established for the government thereof; and that I will endeavor to support,
maintain, and defend the Constitution of said State, not inconsistent with the Constitution
of the United States, to the best of my knowledge and ability; so help me God.”
c. The third oath is required by N.C. Gen. Stat. §11-11 and specifically applies to the Office of
Sheriff.
“I, __________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will execute the Office of
Sheriff of _____________ County to the best of my knowledge and ability, agreeably to
law; and that I will not take, accept or receive, directly or indirectly, any fee, gift, bribe,
gratuity or reward whatsoever, for returning any man to serve as a juror or making any
false return on any process to me directed; so help me, God.”
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

That's not relevent to a hypocritical anti gunner. It isn't really about the existence of guns or how many they have, but whether you have one or not.

For me, the real issue isn't so much what the candidate said, but the crowd themselves. In the youtube video on the link below, listen at 3:10, not only to the positive reaction of the audience, but how one woman say's "I'll do it" right after the guy says, "Okay." It shoud be an illustration to people about what the true motives and feelings are of the organization he was speaking to. Sort of like when Sen. Rubio said to the CNN audience that in order to realistically ban the AR you would also have to ban all semi autos, and the crowd appauded. Don't get fooled into thinking these groups only want (as defined by them) "reasonable" or "sensible" gun control, and their ultimate goal isn't a total gun ban. As Nancy Pelosi said, she "hopes it is a slippery slope."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... -guns/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I'm sure he's willing to take the first hit when he's out collecting them guns.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

If there ever was a confiscation "law" written, how many groups would the .gov need to exempt, and would the exemption have a time limit? For instance, if personal firearms owned by police officers were exempt from confiscation, would that exemption last only until they're taken off the active payroll? Would the exemption apply to people on government pensions? Isn't Social Security similar in a sense, it's a fund distributed by government. The knots tied for veterans and other #Heroes would be spectacular.

It's entirely unworkable, unless we recognize that it would be selectively enforced, oppressive toward the law abiding citizen, etc. There's no moral basis on which they could say justice was actually being done.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Context and apology from the candidate...
Don’t believe the scare tactics, because you’ve heard people say, ‘You'll have to pry my gun from my cold, dead hands,’” Fisher is heard saying in a video posted by his campaign at the 3:04 minute mark. “OK … Whenever you pass away, we'll come get it,” he quipped.

The remark prompted laughter and applause from the audience, but he added that he was “joking just a little bit there.”

The sheriff hopeful told North Carolina’s The News & Observer on Monday that “a one-sentence clip from that meeting has been taken out of context and circulated on social media with a false interpretation of what I actually said.”

Fisher still issued an apology about the joke, saying it was a “mistake” he should not have made and affirmed his support for the Second Amendment, although he favors some gun-control measures.

“There is one statement that many up to now have taken offense to … I admit the joke was a mistake and I should not have joked,” Fisher wrote on his Facebook page, noting that the government “cannot take away any guns or any items that were legally sold before any new laws take effect.”

“Responsible gun owners have nothing to worry about. We have to do something different because what has been done is not working,” he added.
Longer video clip here, where he says he'll wait for people to die and that ex post facto laws are illegal.