youtube new restrictive gun video policy

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

youtube new restrictive gun video policy

Post by Bruenor »

Manufacturing a firearm is legal
Reloading ammunition is legal
Building your own suppressor is legal (provided you get the stamp first)

May become harder to find those handy videos to do your own firearms modifications, upgrades and repairs in the future, since I doubt youtube censors can tell the difference between an autosear and a minus connector..

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube prohibits certain kinds of content featuring firearms. Specifically, we don’t allow content that:
Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above. This also includes instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities.
Shows users how to install the above-mentioned accessories or modifications.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: youtube new restrictive gun video policy

Post by M-Quigley »

I had an interesting conversation with a 5 yr old great grandson, who saw me working offline on my laptop. He wanted me to get online so he could watch Youtube videos, specifically Grand Theft Auto videos. I asked him what he knew of the game, and he said you get to steal cars and kill people. Many of these videos are not restricted. In addition, you can find unrestricted fictional depictions of massive amounts of Hollywood gun violence. They hypocrisy of Youtube is incredible. :(
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Received a news letter/email from GunBroker.com - they have started up a u-tube alternative for gun folk.
www.gungenius.com
Nice - flipping one at Google! And a real fast start-up too.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I've already began downloading thousands of YouTube videos of good gun-related content. As far as I'm concerned, once they banned them, they no longer want the rights to them. I'll eventually get them uploaded elsewhere or start my own YT-alternative. I have tens of terabytes of free space in some servers. Just will need to find some funding for bandwidth.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

ArmedAviator wrote:I've already began downloading thousands of YouTube videos of good gun-related content. As far as I'm concerned, once they banned them, they no longer want the rights to them. I'll eventually get them uploaded elsewhere or start my own YT-alternative. I have tens of terabytes of free space in some servers. Just will need to find some funding for bandwidth.
Who holds the copyright? Not arguing, just curious - I would have assumed that the creator still retained the rights to uploaded videos (but I could very easily be wrong on that point).
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

rattlehead wrote:
ArmedAviator wrote:I've already began downloading thousands of YouTube videos of good gun-related content. As far as I'm concerned, once they banned them, they no longer want the rights to them. I'll eventually get them uploaded elsewhere or start my own YT-alternative. I have tens of terabytes of free space in some servers. Just will need to find some funding for bandwidth.
Who holds the copyright? Not arguing, just curious - I would have assumed that the creator still retained the rights to uploaded videos (but I could very easily be wrong on that point).
http://tubularinsights.com/youtube-copyright-ownership/

FYI
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

there's also Full30 which has been continually expanding with a lot of the gun channels we're all familiar with.

https://www.full30.com/recently-added" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson