School board poweers

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

School board poweers

Post by qmti »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18/up ... photo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have offend said that school's have taken upon themselves to regulate students outside activities too much. They seem to think they have the authority to regulate the students everyday activities even during the summer months. And if the parents fight a situation with the school board, the student ends up with retaliation from the school. The policies of student behavior should pertain to on school ground activities and not in their off ground private lives.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: School board poweers

Post by bignflnut »

Amanda Buron, a Lacey resident and family friend of one of the suspended students said one of the photos shared on SnapChat featured four rifles, ammunition clips and a gun duffel with the caption "fun day at the range," NJ.com reported.

Buron said the two students received a five-day in-school suspension after the picture drew the attention of Lacey Township High School officials, who argued that it violated the school’s policy on weapons possession.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: School board powers

Post by kcclark »

Cannot "be in possession of a weapon of any type for any reason or purpose."

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/03/nj-rif ... z59v8EdnvJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In high school, one of my classmates and I were in the Friday Night Rifle League at Adams Conservation Club. One of the other kids there was the daughter of one of the high school teachers. Whenever that teacher saw me in the halls, he would stop me to talk about rifles.

Things have sure changed for the worse.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

bignflnut wrote:
Amanda Buron, a Lacey resident and family friend of one of the suspended students said one of the photos shared on SnapChat featured four rifles, ammunition clips and a gun duffel with the caption "fun day at the range," NJ.com reported.

Buron said the two students received a five-day in-school suspension after the picture drew the attention of Lacey Township High School officials, who argued that it violated the school’s policy on weapons possession.
What the kids do on their own time is not any of the schools business. Schools think they can control the activities of students 24 hours a day. Over reach of their authority, plain and simple.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

“In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.” Mark Twain :roll: