motorcyclist shot road rager in self defense

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

motorcyclist shot road rager in self defense

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local ... -516302022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local ... -529357036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to witnesses, the altercation began when Jones became upset at how the motorcyclist was driving her motorcycle on I-5. Lindquist said he boxed her into a location she couldn't drive away from. After exiting his vehicle, he "aggressively" approached her on the shoulder of the freeway.

A fight ensued, and at some point, the motorcyclist head-butted Jones. Jones then "drove (the motorcyclist's) head into the jersey barrier before taking her to the ground." Lindquist said she shot Jones once in the chest when he tried to climb on top of her.

“This is another reminder to everyone to keep a cool head on our roads,” said Lindquist. “Nothing good is going to come from physically confronting another driver.”
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: motorcyclist shot road rager in self defense

Post by catfish86 »

Hard to tell what happened but the comment of the LEO in the second link was that the motorcyclist claimed self defense and they could not disprove that. The guy forced her over and she was in a situation where she feared for her life. I can definitely see myself in her shoes.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

catfish86 wrote:the comment of the LEO in the second link was that the motorcyclist claimed self defense and they could not disprove that. The guy forced her over and she was in a situation where she feared for her life. I can definitely see myself in her shoes.
Except that in Ohio (and only Ohio) it'd be up to you to prove that you acted in self defense.

In her case, as in 49 of the 50 states, the prosecution's lack of evidence precludes them from prosecuting someone.
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

If I'm on a motorcycle and a car forces me somewhere and boxes me in, then gets out of the car and comes at me --- I'm already thinking he's probably not doing that to tell me how much he likes my jacket.

He's already wielding a deadly weapon. Is there no law against brandishing a car?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WayneB wrote:If I'm on a motorcycle and a car forces me somewhere and boxes me in, then gets out of the car and comes at me --- I'm already thinking he's probably not doing that to tell me how much he likes my jacket.

He's already wielding a deadly weapon. Is there no law against brandishing a car?
In this particular case, I don't think the car was the weapon. That doesn't mean she might not have been justified, even in Ohio, based on possible disparity of force and possible injuries to her head, if any. He allegedly was the aggressor, and she allegedly was unable to retreat. Yes she head butted him, but that might've been a self defense move to being grabbed or restrained.
A fight ensued, and at some point, the motorcyclist head-butted Jones. Jones then "drove (the motorcyclist's) head into the jersey barrier before taking her to the ground." Lindquist said she shot Jones once in the chest when he tried to climb on top of her.