Kroger Meijer join the 21 parade

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Kroger Meijer join the 21 parade

Post by bignflnut »

Kroger Co. said it would stop selling guns to buyers under 21 years old through its Fred Meyer locations, the third major retailer to tighten its policies while lawmakers continue to debate how to respond to the latest school shooting in America.

The U.S.’s largest supermarket chain KR, +2.25% said it would raise the minimum age to purchase arms and ammunition in all of its Fred Meyer stores in response to the Parkland, Fla., high school tragedy. Kroger currently sells firearms at 43 Fred Meyer locations in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Curzyk

Re: Kroger Meijer join the 21 parade

Post by Curzyk »

I don't see any references to Meijer? I see Fred Meyer, but they don't appear to be related.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Curzyk wrote:I don't see any references to Meijer? I see Fred Meyer, but they don't appear to be related.
You're correct. Kroger bought Fred Meyer, a grocery/department store chain out west, a while back.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Curzyk wrote:I don't see any references to Meijer? I see Fred Meyer, but they don't appear to be related.
I think a misspelling in the title is afoot. That said, Meijer hasnt't sold firearms in quite some time. That I'm aware of....
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
someguy

Post by someguy »

I have seen ammo at Meijer but never been to a Meyer
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

someguy wrote:I have seen ammo at Meijer but never been to a Meyer
Meijer never recovered from the ammo shortage. What they have is still at "panic" pricing, because it's been sitting there taking up room ever since. Only a customer who had no idea what to pay, would buy ammunition from them these days.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

The Meijer in Maumee has decent prices, every time I go I throw a box of 5.56 ($8.99) in the cart that way the wife doesn't know. :mrgreen:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I guess it's not Meijer....Meijer being a midwestern state company, and this Fred Meyer being out West.
Good catch. My apologies.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798