Georgia teacher fires gun in school

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Georgia teacher fires gun in school

Post by DOA33 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 381955002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A social studies teacher who fired one shot from a handgun after barricading himself in an empty classroom at a Georgia high school was arrested Wednesday, police said.

Frazier said the teacher, identified as Jesse Randal Davidson, 53, is facing six charges, including aggravated assault, terroristic threats and carrying a weapon on school grounds.
The Hell man! Trying to change laws so teachers can carry for safety and we get this guy snapping. At least no students were in the class and no one was hit.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
AlanM

Re: Georgia teacher fires gun in school

Post by AlanM »

The question on the web now is "Is/was he a CHL holder?"
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

BTW - one teacher fires a gun out a window at no one in particular and it makes national news.
This happened 4 years ago and I just heard about it.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/s ... -1.1750425

Two-knife stabbing rampage at Pennsylvania high school injures 22, suspect in custody
Twenty-two people were injured when a 16-year-old boy went on a stabbing rampage at a Pennsylvania high school early Wednesday, leaving five students in critical condition, authorities said.

Sophomore Alex Hribal allegedly brandished two large knives in the bloody attack as he darted between several classrooms and down a hallway at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville — a typically peaceful community about 18 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Twenty-one students and an adult security guard were wounded, officials said.

Witnesses said the boy, who was wearing a "blank expression" on his face, first tackled a freshman and stabbed him in the belly before getting up and running wildly down the hall, slashing other students.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but this don't smell right.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

AlanM wrote:BTW - one teacher fires a gun out a window at no one in particular and it makes national news.
This happened 4 years ago and I just heard about it.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/s ... -1.1750425

Two-knife stabbing rampage at Pennsylvania high school injures 22, suspect in custody
I didn't hear it either till the other day. Some of my anti-gun friends posted on FB about it, saying see no deaths. If he used a gun he would have killed so many.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

So far I have not seen any evidence yet that he:

A: was an NRA member
B: a trump supporter
C: a concealed carry permit holder
D: made any pro gun comments on any social media
E: that he even owned a gun prior to recently (the gun used was described by one news source as a "snub nose revolver" He allegedly gave up after having a conversation with his friend the school resource officer, but what was discussed has not been released at this time.

I have however seen this: :roll:

http://lifechallengingrides.us/randal-d ... d-to-know/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, earlier this month, Davidson posted a meme on Facebook mocking the typical “thoughts and prayers” response to school shootings from many politicians.

The Dalton High School incident has become intertwined in discussion over the proposal by President Donald Trump, the NRA and some Republicans to arm teachers. Many on social media are using the incident as an example of why teachers shouldn’t have guns. Conspiracy theories have already been spread claiming that Davidson was a plant or that the incident was staged to discredit the proposal to arm teachers.

Like after Parkland, some students at the school have been quick to push back.

“I’m a Dalton High School student. Please don’t tell me a damn thing about arming teachers. Please don’t tell me that I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about,” one student tweeted. When someone responded to her that she was “looking for her 15 minutes,” she responded, “Or maybe sick of talk about gun reform and school safety that ultimately culminates to nothing? We had another safety threat last week too. What other forums do I have to make my voice heard this effectively at this moment in time?”

Another student directed a tweet at the NRA, saying, “my favorite teacher at Dalton high school just blockaded his door and proceeded to shoot. We had to run out The back of the school in the rain. Students were being trampled and screaming. I dare you to tell me arming teachers will make us safe.”
Oh, b.t.w., the threat the student is referring to is an anonymous threatening note found on the 21st, and the news source didn't say who left the note or what was done about it.
“She mentioned to me that the teacher who was involved in this incident was not letting studnts into his classroom, so we got his students situated into another teacher’s classroom. She told me that he was telling people to go away and not come in, so I went to the classroom and I attempted to enter the classroom and he slammed the door,” Bartoo told reporters. “I didn’t get the door open very far, but he slammed the door and hollered ‘go away, don’t come in here.’”

Bartoo said Davidson also made some “nonsensical noises,” and Bartoo radioed for the school resource officer, who was not on the campus because he was dealing with an issue at the middle school campus. Bartoo called the officer and asked him to come back to the high school.
Police said Davidson surrendered after talking with the school resource officer.

“Our school resource officer has a close relationship with the staff at Dalton High School. Once he got back on scene from the junior high he responded up with the officers who were containing the room ,” Assistant Police Chief Cliff Cason said. “He was able to persuade him to come outside and surrender without causing harm to himself or making anyone else cause harm to himself. I’m very, very proud of this officer and everything he did to render this horrible situation safe.”
Last edited by M-Quigley on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JustaShooter wrote:I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but this don't smell right.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but I agree with you. It didn't smell right before, and as more facts comes out, it smells even worse. Still, the facts or lack of them isn't stopping the NY times, the LA times, and other anti gun news sites from saying in effect this proves that arming teachers is a bad idea. :roll:
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Yeah, there is definitely an odor to this one.

If there is a lesson here at all it is that having only ONE individual armed in a school is a bad idea.

I memory serves me, back during the cold war when we had missile silos the underground control room was manned by two AF officers. Both were armed in case one of them went off his rocker.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Perhaps the guy really was crazy after all, and not some staged event, if this source is correct.
One of the school staff in that district said something about arming teachers was a bad idea because of this incident. I would probably agree with him if they are going to have teachers like this in the school. :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teacher who caused mass panic when he fired a gun at Georgia high school had multiple run-ins with police in recent years including confessing to 'killing a woman'
On the one hand,
In the aftermath of the incident, the school's principal Steve Bartoo described Davidson as an 'excellent teacher' who was well thought of, and 'as far as I know he was fit to be at work.'
but on the other hand,
Dalton police revealed on Wednesday that they had encountered Davidson twice in recent years exhibiting odd behavior and wrote in one report that he 'may be delusional.'

In a 2016 report, police wrote that Davidson had walked into the department and told a rambling story about wanting to confess to killing a woman.
But police said they investigated and were not able to verify that any of the information was true.

Police said that after the interview, Davidson was taken to a hospital 'based on him thinking about hurting himself.'

Officers said in another report last year that Davidson had gone missing during a school day after telling a supervisor that he was unwell.

He was later found by officers sitting on the curb of a street, conscious but unresponsive and being held up by two school staff members.

He was again taken to a hospital.

A week ago, police found a 'threatening' note on the floor of a classroom at Dalton High, but it wasn't related to the shooting on Wednesday.
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

It's amazing that as they try to paint teachers that shouldn't be armed, we find that they shouldn't even be teachers.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A Georgia teacher accused of firing a handgun in his classroom had three rifles taken away after setting the family car ablaze at his home two years ago, according to a sheriff’s report obtained Friday by The Associated Press.

But authorities responsible for protecting his workplace -- Dalton High School -- say they only learned about this disturbing episode this week.

Deputies in Dade County, where social studies teacher Jesse Randal Davidson lives, took him to a hospital for a mental evaluation and seized the rifles for safe-keeping after he torched the Mitsubishi Outlander on Aug. 13, 2016.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

The Georgia teacher is a convenient foil.
McLively remains most skeptical about arming teachers, pointing to the coincidental case of a Georgia teacher who allegedly opened fire in his classroom Wednesday. “It’s a probability game and the chances of something like this are just much more likely than the notion of an armed teacher turned Rambo who saves the day.”
http://www.dispatch.com/zz/news/2018030 ... s-what-can

Tough getting through to people that Rambo is not the point here. Arming teachers keeps the bad guys from showing up in the first place.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
A Georgia teacher accused of firing a handgun in his classroom had three rifles taken away after setting the family car ablaze at his home two years ago, according to a sheriff’s report obtained Friday by The Associated Press.

But authorities responsible for protecting his workplace -- Dalton High School -- say they only learned about this disturbing episode this week.

Deputies in Dade County, where social studies teacher Jesse Randal Davidson lives, took him to a hospital for a mental evaluation and seized the rifles for safe-keeping after he torched the Mitsubishi Outlander on Aug. 13, 2016.
One thing some passionate anti gunners say occasionally is potential gun buyers should be as a condition of purchase be subjected to a regular mental health exam, and have a psychiatrist certify that they aren't a potential danger to others. Based on this story, I think all teachers should be required to undergo regular testing instead. I know the teachers union will object, but if it saves just one life, won't it be worth it? :roll:
High Power

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but this don't smell right.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but I agree with you. It didn't smell right before, and as more facts comes out, it smells even worse. Still, the facts or lack of them isn't stopping the NY times, the LA times, and other anti gun news sites from saying in effect this proves that arming teachers is a bad idea. :roll:
Evil people operate the same way no matter the time or location. For example,

64 AD. Nero blames the burning of Rome on the Christians.
1933: The detectives who investigated the burning of the Reichstag were all Nazis. So who else are they going to blame but the Communists? At the Nuremberg trials a high-ranking Nazi, Franz Halder, said he overheard Herman Goring admitting that he started the fire.
1939: The Gleiwitz radio station is attacked by SS troopers, speaking Polish. The next day, Hitler orders an invasion of Poland.
1939: Nikita Khrushchev later admitted that the Soviet Union’s Red Army shelled the Russian village of Mainila – while blaming the attack on Finland – as a basis for launching the “Winter War” against Finland.
1940: Joseph Stalin orders the execution of 22,000 Polish Officers and civilians. He blames the execution on the Nazis.
1953: Frank Olson, an employee of the CIA, "jumps" to his death from a 13 story hotel room in New York City. In 1975 the government admitted that he was given a dose of LSD without his knowledge. The family received an out-of-court settlement of $750,000 for Dr. Olson's death. The family received apologies from President Gerald Ford and then-CIA director William Colby.
1962: Operation Northwoods was a series of operations proposed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and presented to Robert McNamara. The plan was to stage several acts of violence but make it look like the Cubans did it. This only came to light in 1997 when the original document was made public. Note: I hate communism more than you could realize but that was just plain wrong.

Those are just a few examples. Just think about how many times a pro-gun or anti-gun bill is moving through the legislature and incidents like the above happen. As soon as someone starts talking about arming teachers, someone does something stupid with a gun.

Truth is stranger than fiction:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't a conspiracy, but this seems to have some extremely convenient timing for a certain ideological faction within our government.