JROTC Hero

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

JROTC Hero

Post by Gramps »

I had to post this link about this young man http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/19/pe ... udent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We need more selfless young people like him!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: JROTC Hero

Post by charliej47 »

YES! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: JROTC Hero

Post by sodbuster95 »

JROTC does not provide basic training so it does not count as “being in the military.” Wang’s funeral would require intervention from the government.
While the first sentence is true, the second one is not necessarily so. If by "full-honors", they mean an honor guard with gun salute, bugler*, and folded flag, the Florida National Guard could simply choose to do it without any government intervention.** Many official funeral details conducted are done so on a volunteer basis, so the military members wouldn't necessarily need to be paid, or even in a duty status, to get them there. I suspect that if asked, there would be sufficient Guard volunteers to get this done.

* More likely, a recording, as there are fewer and fewer people that can actually play the bugle anymore.
** Yes, I recognize that the Guard is itself a function of government, but I mean to say, there's no requirement to pass special legislation or a funding mandate to make this happen.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.