And it happens again, another school shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: And it happens again, another school shooting

Post by bignflnut »

techmike wrote: I will not agree to any compromise, because it never is an actual compromise - I always lose rights and never ever get anything in return. I know that any compromise will never satisfy the A2A crowd.

TM
Mustang380gal wrote:That's about where I am on this subject. Compromise means both give up to gain something. But when it comes to gun rights, we have done a lot of giving, and have gained nothing from it. We already gave up full auto...
Everyone on high alert when a D in office, but we're going to lose more when we have a GOP Congress/POTUS/SCOTUS because Trump and the NRA are plowing towards bump stock bans, stronger NICS database checks, etc
THIS. In WH briefing now, @PressSec said:

– The idea of blocking AR-15, other gun sales to teens is "on the table".
– The idea of an assault weapons ban is not off the table.

— Lisa Desjardins (@LisaDNews) February 20, 2018
Because the guard is down, having breathed that sigh of relief that another boogeyman isn't in control and having been placated by red meat platitudes in the campaigns, we're betrayed with nowhere to turn on a federal level. 2A voters are callously taken for granted and shout down all who expect to be betrayed by politicians who change their tune when it suits them.

SCOTUS is finished with this issue, so don't give me the federal judges from Trump card.

I'm certain that there's a BFA in nearly every state that licks the boots of the NRA and duplicitously does as the NRA bids them do, while betraying their small donors. Ever "compromising" to illogical arguments instead of standing on reason and Rights.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
High Power

Post by High Power »

Whirlwind06 wrote:Maybe we as a country are past the point were opposing groups can negotiate and both bring things to the table, and there is give and take.
We get suppressors of the NFA list for bumps stocks for example. Maybe that never was the case and I'm being naïve.
I'm sure I'll be tarred and feathered again for not following the group think here.
There is actually some truth to what you have said. We are past the point of any negotiating. I would also contend that we were never able to to negotiate because the other side's main goal has always been to ban all guns.

Whenever there has been a so-called compromise from a pro-gun group or politician(s) and the other side got their anti-gun legislation signed into law we've always heard them say "Well, we weren't able to get everything that we wanted in the bill but it's a small step."

Let me emphasize those two words; "small step." Every so-called compromise or reasonable steps the other side proffers is designed to ultimately outlaw ALL private ownership of firearms. They will lie with every breath that they take and say that they aren't trying to ban all guns; just assault weapons or silencers or high-capacity magazines or bayonet lugs. Yet they betray their hidden motives when they say "it was a small step."

They never say what the "small step" is. Their sentence will trail off after the words "small step." Nobody asks what the "small step" is because they all know what it is. Their anti-gun audience knows what the "small step" is. The problem with our pro-gun friends that are willing to compromise is the those two words don't strike any sort of a resonate tone. They are oblivious to the "small steps."

They are oblivious to the veiled motives of the so-called reasonable politicians that use lofty words like "compromise" and "reasonable." They are oblivious because they assume that everyone else is honorable and full of good intentions like they are.

There are lots of evil people in the world. Some of them don't shoot up schools, rape kids and wear orange jump suits. Some of them are called "Officer" or "Your Honor" or "Senator" or "Congressman."

Trusting the government to safe guard your liberties is like letting Bill Clinton drive your teenage daughter to her first day of college.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

High Power wrote:There is actually some truth to what you have said. We are past the point of any negotiating.
Let me say it one more time:

There is no more possibility of REAL negotiations between gun owners and the anti-gun cult than there is between Yazidis and ISIS.

We want to exist and they want us to not exist. Where exactly lies the "compromise" between existence and non-existence?

People talk about "taqqiya" in Islam, but the anti-gun cult are masters of the art.

Five seconds after some elected sociopath talks about getting the votes to take most or all of the guns away from citizens, or some gutless coward online talks about shooting gun owners, they'll look you right in the eye and say, "Nobody wants to take your guns."

That ship has sailed, hit an iceberg and sunk with all hands.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

The loudest voices may be crisis actors being reported. Some of the of the faces look very close to some faces at sandy hook :?: :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

One of the Parkland students did a lot of research and found that the school board does not take school safety seriously. 2014 levy touted school safety as the main reason to pass it but the $ did not get spent on school safety. Also brought up how students that threaten or harm other students don't get much punishment.
I found evidence of two things: over $100m in school safety funds that have gone unspent and policies that keep violent students (like 18-1958) out of jail.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/2 ... ool-safety

I hope the voters in that district pay attention to the info this student came up with since the school board is more than happy to place all the blame on an AR-15.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Since he is a student, I wonder how long it will take before he is called into the principals office to face questioning by deputies. :roll:
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

kcclark wrote:One of the Parkland students did a lot of research and found that the school board does not take school safety seriously. 2014 levy touted school safety as the main reason to pass it but the $ did not get spent on school safety. Also brought up how students that threaten or harm other students don't get much punishment.
I found evidence of two things: over $100m in school safety funds that have gone unspent and policies that keep violent students (like 18-1958) out of jail.

I hope the voters in that district pay attention to the info this student came up with since the school board is more than happy to place all the blame on an AR-15.
And that's one reason any school district that cries money for security officers or uses it as a pawn should be highly spoken out against. It will happen. Arming teachers cost the school nothing. Armed security costs the school $$$.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
kcclark wrote:One of the Parkland students did a lot of research and found that the school board does not take school safety seriously. 2014 levy touted school safety as the main reason to pass it but the $ did not get spent on school safety. Also brought up how students that threaten or harm other students don't get much punishment.

And that's one reason any school district that cries money for security officers or uses it as a pawn should be highly spoken out against. It will happen. Arming teachers cost the school nothing. Armed security costs the school $$$.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it costs nothing, but it should cost a lot less than full time armed security. Plus, even if you have a SRO, armed staff makes a great backup plan in case the SRO is not nearby, wounded, killed, (as happened in a school shooting in Israel)
or the SRO merely happens to be a former Broward county deputy. :roll:

Regarding cost, what does Ohio do about liability insurance when it comes to armed school staff? I found many articles about other states, but not specific to Ohio. For example,

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/what-are- ... /998901857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

With all the talk about possible causes of school shooters, like video games, guns, etc, here is one explanation, straight from the horses mouth. :roll:
Banning guns or video games won't stop mental illness, nor will it stop mentally ill people from using guns or any other device from murdering people.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nik ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the third video, the camera apparently pointed at pavement, he talks about his loneliness, anger and hatred, and announces that the “day of my massacre shall begin.”

“I live a lone life. I live in seclusion and solitude. I hate everyone and everything. But the power of my AR you will all know who I am. I had enough of being told what to do and when to do,” he says. “I had enough of being told that I’m an idiot and a dumbass. You’re all stupid and brainwashed by the political and government programs.”
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

M-Quigley wrote: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nik ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the third video, the camera apparently pointed at pavement, he talks about his loneliness, anger and hatred, and announces that the “day of my massacre shall begin.”

“I live a lone life. I live in seclusion and solitude. I hate everyone and everything. But the power of my AR you will all know who I am. I had enough of being told what to do and when to do,” he says. “I had enough of being told that I’m an idiot and a dumbass. You’re all stupid and brainwashed by the political and government programs.”
https://hiddenremote.com/2017/11/08/tho ... ing-about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ For those who have not yet watched Thor: Ragnorak, there's a bit of a spoiler in there, so be forewarned. :)

So there's the AR again, in all its glory and infamy.

And I find it interesting in this case that the author of this Fansided article - dating to November 8 of last year, several days after the Sutherland Springs shooting - seemed to not to realize that the hero of that day, Mr. Stephen Willeford, was also armed with an AR15 when he confronted the evildoer ( http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2018/05/06/ste ... eford-nra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).

I think people see/hear what they want to, M-Quigley, and that, unfortunately, like you wrote, those who already subscribe in-whole to the anti-think simply aren't willing to open their thoughts to the possibility that it's not about the tool, but the person behind it.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Not to forget this statement.
"It's going to be a big event. When you see me on the news, you'll know who I am,"
without the news, nobony would even know his name or face. Sure wish they would quit making these guys famous.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Bruenor wrote:Not to forget this statement.
"It's going to be a big event. When you see me on the news, you'll know who I am,"
without the news, nobony would even know his name or face. Sure wish they would quit making these guys famous.
I read this last night I would be great the media stopped making these people rock stars.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44321469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Caren Teves believes thousands of victims of gun violence could still be alive if their suggested guidelines were enacted immediately after the Columbine school shooting in 1999.

No Notoriety recommendations:
Limit the name and likeness of individual, unless they're at large
Refuse to broadcast self-serving content or manifestos made by individuals
Keep copycat potential in mind while reporting

Researchers have suggested there is a possible "contagion" effect from excessive coverage of sensitive topics.
Official guidance about the careful reporting of suicide is now routinely followed by media for this reason - but there is no such consensus on reporting of mass-casualty violence like school shootings.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ I was just going to post that! :P

I am glad to see that more and more in the media are starting to recognize that they are in-part to blame for propagating the problem.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bill O'Reilly took the position that shooters should not be named shortly after this stuff started happening and I believe it was during Bush's first term. O'Reilly is now persona non grata and his name cannot be uttered on FNC, but it seems like most of the newspeople there are following that canard. If these lunatics paid attention, they would realize that on the MSN, their names are rarely mentioned and that the NRA and its members get credit for the evil deed. However, reality is often not where these guys live.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand